Would appreciate help with quality checking a unit before deciding to keep or not

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I made a post earlier about a part of my poly base on my delivered hair system having some irremovable plastic residue. Lavivid said that should be no big deal but would have no issue replacing it for me.

Before I go that route if it is really the only error in the system I would not mind keeping it.

But now I am a littler hyper critical of the piece and since I am all new to this I would appreciate some external help to decide if it is worth keeping. I can't' tell for example if it has bleached roots in the front or not, or if the density is good as it is supposed to be (95%) -- there is also some weird stain in the front of the unit by the hairline but I do not know if it matters. I circled what I mean in the photos.

If anyone can confirm everything is normal as seen or if something is actually messed up I would appreciate it -- just learning as I go but not confident to decide on my own yet. I have to travel out of state to get it done at a salon and would not like to go there just for the barber to tell me something is wrong with it! lol.

Pictures:
Video: https://streamable.com/ol32qz

Last edited:

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I can relate my friend. I too have a hair system I was questioning, a custom lavivid Ares, and also have salon appointment a bit far from my home.
I have ordered a stock Ares in the past and looking at your photos it all looks quite normal.

The little stain you highlight I feel is a non issue, should not affect the appearance in the slightest. And if I'm not mistaken it appears to be on the extra lace at front that will be cut off anyway, am I correct?

Nothing is completely perfect, and it is normal I feel to overly critical ,at first especially.
I'm used to sourcing through salon for my systems, so this is only time I take ordered system out of bag myself (other time I order Ares I leave in bag and take to salon) so yes I find myself over critiquing as well. Wish I leave in bag and box now so I don't think so crazy hahaha.
I think you will be fine. Good luck my friend :)

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my friend, just wanted to check back with you and see about your progress with the system you purchased. Have you decided to keep and did you get cut in at a salon?