Would Anyone Be Interested In A Finasteride Response Test? Basically A Revamped Hairdx Test.

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been working in a clinical genetics lab recently that tests for thousands of diseases and drug responses and thought to myself "why the hell isn't there more tests related to hair loss genetics?"

There's a decent amount of published science out there, but I'm thinking maybe no market. Although I don't browse these sites as much as I used to I still often see the question "should I go on finasteride?"

We know it works for the majority of people but for some it doesn't. There is some decent science behind who will get the best responses in terms of hair regrowth. As well, some people are more susceptible to long term side effects. Although it's not possible to tell who will get these side effects yet, it is possible to tell what side effects you are more likely to suffer from long term.

I quickly wrote up a mock report, do you think there would be interest in this? I'd love to get back into the game of helping to figure out hair loss

http://imgur.com/a/tLkeS