Would A Hair Transplant Help My Crown Area?

HopeUponHope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I just turned 58. Will a hair transplant help me crown? Or would it kill the remaining hair due to shock?

I was taking Finasteride for about a year. But I was not keeping a photo record of any progress. I stopped Finasteride because my doctor wouldn't subscribe it to me again. She was a general practitioner. I'm going to get a new subscription through a dermatologist. I was using Rogaine too but stopped. I will start Rogaine again. Should I add a shampoo that fights the build up of DHT?

Back to my original question. :) If you had my loss would you get a hair transplant? About how much would the procedure cost?

Thanks for your help.

plrAv8Qaj.jpg

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think a hair transplant is necessary as it is just thin and not completely bald. Treatments should do just fine. You can use a caffeine based shampoo or Nizoral shampoo.

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was you I really wouldn't bother with a hair transplant (yet). As above, try thickening it up with meds. Minoxidil and a shampoo that contains Ketaconozole (Nizoral or Regenpure for example). Also if you tolerate Finasteride well, then jump back on that.

See where you are in a year. If you haven't made up much ground and the crown still bugs you, you could get a small hair transplant procedure. Shock loss in most cases is prevented by strengthening the hair in the recipient area. The above regime should have done that by then.

A hair transplant is always the last resort. You could fill the crown in nicely and make it look completely natural with a small amount of hair fibres.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you do an FUT of 2000 grafts then you can keep your hair long and they can intersperse the new grafts among the current follicles in the crown. There is always a chance of some shock loss though, there is no guarantee on that.