Would A Hair System For Just The Crown Work?

Diffuse_1992

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new on this forum and I would like your help regarding a hair system. I'm 27 years old and I have been losing my hair for the last 5 years now. My hair has thinned a lot all over, but the crown has been the worst hit and I've developed a bald spot. I have attached pics but I'm not sure if I've done it the right way.
IMG_20190718_235155-01.jpeg

I first considered a hair transplant, but the doctor I consulted did not recommend it at all, so I've put that thought on hold for now. I've been applying toppik mostly to conceal the balding, but I've grown really tired of it as it does not really allow you any freedom as it comes off on pillows, does not allow you to swim etc.

So that brings me to the hair system. My hair line is still decent, so I thought I could just do with a hair system on the crown, and if needed the top of my head. I think that would also help it look more natural. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190718_235200-01.jpeg
    IMG_20190718_235200-01.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_20190719_080216.jpg
    IMG_20190719_080216.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_20190718_235253.jpg
    IMG_20190718_235253.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_20190718_235507.jpg
    IMG_20190718_235507.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_20190718_235533.jpg
    IMG_20190718_235533.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 513

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Diffuse

Yes, your hairline is absolutely fine. It is definitely possible to get a small system just for the crown. The industry term is a "crown topper". They are super-easy to manage, and pretty much 100% undetectable, because they have no exposed edges - they just blend seamlessly with your natural hair on all sides. The only requirement is that you get a good colour match and you make sure it stays well-matched. I often wonder why more more men don't use them - they are incredibly effective and trouble-free.

Noah

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik seems like a better, cheaper and more versatile option for your case

Diffuse_1992

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Diffuse

Yes, your hairline is absolutely fine. It is definitely possible to get a small system just for the crown. The industry term is a "crown topper". They are super-easy to manage, and pretty much 100% undetectable, because they have no exposed edges - they just blend seamlessly with your natural hair on all sides. The only requirement is that you get a good colour match and you make sure it stays well-matched. I often wonder why more more men don't use them - they are incredibly effective and trouble-free.

Noah

Hi Noah, thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I tried searching for crown toppers online but Google only threw up results for women. Do you think I would need to order a customised system, or would a salon be able to cut a stock one and fit it for me? Also, it would be great if you could tell me about some good places from where I could order a system. I'm from Delhi, India.

Diffuse_1992

My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik seems like a better, cheaper and more versatile option for your case

Hi djhype, thanks for the reply. Toppik has been great for me over the last few years, and I would totally recommend it to anyone if they ask me. But for me, I think now i want to move on as it takes more and more Toppik to get the coverage I desire. I don't want to get to the stage where there is more toppik on the top of my head than hair, if that makes sense.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Diffuse,

With your colouring you could definitely use a stock unit, and you would probably be able to get at least two toppers out of a single stock unit; maybe more. It should be pretty economical.

I don't know whether there are salons in Delhi that would fit the unit for you, but in any case it will be pretty easy to do it yourself - I'm not sure it is worth using a salon for fittings. I will PM you with some thoughts on possible sources for the hair.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with Noah, and I think I know of a place in Dehli... I will PM you with their info. And you will pay Indian prices, not US/European prices, and for a crown topper, you may not need something very special.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I think hairline is what's truly important.

That said, if it bothers you, then I say fix it.

Toppik is a nuisance. You're just throwing a lot of expensive colored power on your head. I say get a topper, or cut a stock piece into a bunch of them...