Would A Follicular Unit Extraction Fue Hair Transplant Work For My Receding Hairline?

Lormef

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am 31 YO, and i am a Norwood 2.

The thing is that my hairline has receded more on the right side which make it impossible for me to have long hair. Short hair are also an issue right now as it is very obvious.

Nszbd2Q.jpg

You can see the below photo before (2007) and after (July 2016).

I confirmed with 2 recommended surgeon that 1400/1500 graph in FUE shall be necessary to restore my hairline taking in account the long term plan.

If i look into my family my mum has no hair loss and my dad is having the same as i have with lower density (he is 73 yo)...

On my side i am not having further hair loss since 3/4 years it seems to have stopped receding.

I'd like to have your opinion about FUE as i tried in the past minoxidil (it doesn't bring me back any hair as the same for 70% of people). and do not want to go on finasteride for health reason.

The plan would be then to restore the corner in a conservative manner without lowering the hairline much.

Thanks a lot for your advice and recommendation.

Cheers

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not an NW2, you're much closer to an NW3. But yeah, FUE can fix your hairline for sure....

Lormef

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not an NW2, you're much closer to an NW3. But yeah, FUE can fix your hairline for sure....

Thx you, my question is do you think it is too early to do it ? I have been told online that my hairline is perfect on others forums and that it was too early to do it... Then i am wondering what will be the right time ?

What would be you opinion on this ?

thx for your advice.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline looks perfect in the first pictures. In the second picture it looks like NW2/3. It's not too early, if you want to fix it then you should!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Difference in forehead is noticeable from both sets of pictures. Now it's high and wide. I think the time is right to have one, actually perfect in that sense.

Lormef

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline looks perfect in the first pictures. In the second picture it looks like NW2/3. It's not too early, if you want to fix it then you should!

Hello,

Thanks for your opinion.

Do you think Hairline FUE is a smart thing to do ? I've heard it can look horrible in the future if i move toward a Northwood 5/6 ...

What do you think of this, by reading many forum i can understand that many guy advice to go to a Norwood 5/6 before doing anything, but in my case it means i am not sure i will ever reach this stage if i look at my dad or mum history...

Thx for the answer.

Lormef

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx you ! if u could give me a reply about my last message.

cheers

Difference in forehead is noticeable from both sets of pictures. Now it's high and wide. I think the time is right to have one, actually perfect in that sense.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do it now, you can have good hair now. But if/when you progress it will look bad. Or you can wait until you're NW5 or 6 and get a hair transplant but nobody's donor area can fill an NW6 area with decent density. Your Choice. You can have great hair now but an uncertain future, possibly stupid looking hair in the future. Or you can wait until you're NW6, you'll never look ridiculous, but you'll never have great hair again.

Nilerot

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do it now, you can have good hair now. But if/when you progress it will look bad. Or you can wait until you're NW5 or 6 and get a hair transplant but nobody's donor area can fill an NW6 area with decent density. Your Choice. You can have great hair now but an uncertain future, possibly stupid looking hair in the future. Or you can wait until you're NW6, you'll never look ridiculous, but you'll never have great hair again.

if u were with my condition what would u choose to do ? i actually didnt think to do it before as it wasn't affecting my look so much... but now it becomes a burden...

thx for ur help

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for your opinion.

Do you think Hairline FUE is a smart thing to do ? I've heard it can look horrible in the future if i move toward a Northwood 5/6 ...

What do you think of this, by reading many forum i can understand that many guy advice to go to a Norwood 5/6 before doing anything, but in my case it means i am not sure i will ever reach this stage if i look at my dad or mum history...

Thx for the answer.

You're not just doing a hairline FUE which would be irresponsible and results would be easily compromised by some extra thinning - and that's the next stage. You're doing zone 1 and 2 of your head. It will look natural for a long time, even when the crown and mid scalp start to go: that's a natural pattern. On top of that you're in your 30s and good family history, add in some meds and it could be a VERY long time before this area becomes noticeable.

Be aware though, that one transplant isn't the end and usually another one may be needed at least depending on the person.

Lormef

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not just doing a hairline FUE which would be irresponsible and results would be easily compromised by some extra thinning - and that's the next stage. You're doing zone 1 and 2 of your head. It will look natural for a long time, even when the crown and mid scalp start to go: that's a natural pattern. On top of that you're in your 30s and good family history, add in some meds and it could be a VERY long time before this area becomes noticeable.

Be aware though, that one transplant isn't the end and usually another one may be needed at least depending on the person.

Dear Wolf,

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by doing Zone 1 and 2 ?

The discussion that i had with doctors by email is about filling in the bald patch on left side and right side and lowering a little bit the hairline.

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers