Would a blow dryer/hair dryer damage the system or shorten its lifespan?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on using one to dry hair after a shower to style etc. Would it hurt the system in the long run?

Last edited:

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts on using one to try hair after a shower to style etc. Would it hurt the system in the long run?

Yes, the heat will dry out the hair and shorten its lifespan. Let it air dry as much as you possibly can and use the drier on the lowest setting if you must use it (I do, but I try to keep it cold).

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I thought but the salon I go to insists that minimal blow drying helps keep the glue in place. I find it hard to believe but have been doing it with no problem. Granted I replace the system per the package deal with them about every 2-3 months. I tend to blow dry it when I have work as I can style it a little better and just "let it air dry" when I shampoo it on a weekend or other times that I'm off.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I thought but the salon I go to insists that minimal blow drying helps keep the glue in place. I find it hard to believe but have been doing it with no problem. Granted I replace the system per the package deal with them about every 2-3 months. I tend to blow dry it when I have work as I can style it a little better and just "let it air dry" when I shampoo it on a weekend or other times that I'm off.
Only air drying, encourages musty odors.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to know. It sounds like my OCD, but do you recommend any hair blower in particular ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Dyson supersonic, but any will do. Don't go over the warm setting.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I was going to ask the same question. Will blowing the hair on a warm(not hot)setting hurt the system in any way? Cool blow drying will not allow you to style, shape and "lock in "a particular look. that you're trying to achieve.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes. I was going to ask the same question. Will blowing the hair on a warm(not hot)setting hurt the system in any way? Cool blow drying will not allow you to style, shape and "lock in "a particular look. that you're trying to achieve.
Everyone says it damages. Only Toobad disagrees.