Would 1 month and no sides from finasteride suggest I'm OK?

vikings1234

Reaction score
3 months on finasteride ZERO sides

first 2 weeks i felt a spike in libido and a SLIGHT decrease the week after....few very very very slight ball aches for maybe 20 seconds that have subsided, maybe one a month. My penis still gets as hard as always.

then perfectly normal. Went through about 2 sheds, first shed was pretty small and then then second shed around 2 1/2 month mark and hair has been feeling much better and less coarse. The second shed showed no difference in my hair though, shedding is a good thing the second one made me nervous when I actually saw the hair on my hands but when looking at my scalp you could not tell. My acne on scalp has begun to subside(capasaul has helped tremendously I had sever scalp acne around the time I noticed the thinning and texture change in my hair - nizoral was too harsh for my scalp). Hair now feels like my old hair used to so I take this as a good sign. I noticed my crown thinning and my hair texture change and that is when I hopped on propecia. No rogaine for me. I am very confident in propecia at this point and look forward to the coming months.

Just try propecia it is one silly pill you don't even know your taking it and don't think twice about it. I will say I am a very healthy person and workout and eat right and now even better.

Ende

Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
Have there been any verified cases of penile shrinkage? Has it happened to you?
I can't remember ever having watery semen before to be honest.
I don't know about penile shrinkage, but it's true that your penile muscles atrophies rapidly at low testosterone level, which gives you a hard case of erectile dysfunction.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
FSHGLD said:
I don't know about penile shrinkage, but it's true that your penile muscles atrophies rapidly at low testosterone level, which gives you a hard case of erectile dysfunction.

But doesn't finasteride actually increase your testosterone as it stops it being converted into DHT? Thought I read that a 15% increase is typical. If anything my erections have been better since starting, but maybe that's down to a general improvement of mood, who knows.

Ende

Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
Enden said:
FSHGLD said:

But doesn't finasteride actually increase your testosterone as it stops it being converted into DHT? Thought I read that a 15% increase is typical. If anything my erections have been better since starting, but maybe that's down to a general improvement of mood, who knows.
True, but in many cases, that excessive testosterone begins to convert to estrogen, and if there isn't enough DHT to counter that excessive estrogen... you'll experience some heavy side effects.