Would 1 month and no sides from finasteride suggest I'm OK?

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

First I just wanna say thanks to everyone on this site who's went to the bother of sharing their knowledge...A couple of months ago I thought there were no safe/effective/cheap male pattern baldness treatments and was resigned to being totally bald in a few years...
Anyway, I'm about to buy 30 finpecia tablets from inhouse, because although I'm a bit skeptical of the scare stories on propeciahelp etc (a lot of the 'sides' seem like a part of getting older to me/things that can happen anyway), I want to give the stuff a short trial just to be sure nothing really nasty happens.
So does anyone think 1 month is a long enough trial? Anyone hear any stories about bad sides cropping up later on?

Cheers

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also on finasteride for 1 month now.

Some people report side effects after many months of use, some years. So there is still a chance that you get some sides!

If you get side effects or the product works for you PLEASE come back here and message me or post here or both!!!

Please lol. I really want to know if inhouse is legit and so on.

Good luck man.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
nope...

My sides kicked in with a vengeance after 5 month.

It depends how long it takes your body to feel the dht depletion, and I guess how well it copes with it. I honestly don't know how people dont get sides from this stuff. Dht keeps your skin nice, your dick hard, and your mind motivated and focused.

But give it a shot. If you tolerate it well you are lucky. I've read of people who get sides after only a few days, and some after multiple years...And the freakiest are all the people who get no sides for say 9 years, get a week delay in their prescription, and the sh*t hits the fan.

Good luck!

Zoupa

Banned
Reaction score
DHT keeps you motivated/focused?

do you or anyone else have a link that lists (in detail) all of the effects of DHT in humans? Just curious. I mean i could be getting sides that i couldn't even be aware of.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I don't think DHT keeps your skin good. Too much testosterone is not good for you either, it can lead to prostate problems which finasteride was originally designed to stop.

Each person reacts differently to each drug.

And remember most people who post online will only post if they have a negative experience.

Think about this, say if you order something from Amazon and it comes on time, you most likely would not post a review on their site. Now say if your package come 3 weeks late, you are more likely to post a review saying how bad their service is because you're really pissed off and disappointed.

DarkSockedFox

Reaction score
It's no guarantee. I was mostly side-free until month 3. Just a little aggression and such. Month 3 the sexual sides hit like a freight train. =[ I'm gonna try and stay positive and see if they clear up, though.

Jaeger

Reaction score
I only had ball ache on my first day and nothing since then 3 months ago. I assumed that if you get them you get them from the start and if you hang in there they would go away but to get sides years after starting is kind of scary.

zephyrprime

Reaction score
Getting side effects years after starting doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe some of these older guys were going to go impotent anyway. Or maybe the drug accelerates when you finally go impotent.

I myself started two months ago and had no side effects but now I seem to have weakened erectile function. Not sure if the finasteride is the cause of the problem yet because the effects aren't very strong.

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
finasteride is working as designed. If your 85, and your days of shagging women are long over, and your dying of prostate cancer, and you can take a drug that will DECIMATE the prostate, thereby giving you 4 or more 5 years to enjoy your grandchildren, then by all means the cure is better than the affliction. The issue is not that there are sides. lots of drugs have sides. The issue is that this kind of andgrogen deprovation causes possibly irreversable effects. Its much more than just ED.

Do you see any other drug with people complaining in quite the way you do about finasteride? Look at some of the extreme depression in some of the posts on this site regarding hairloss. You think these finasteride users are firing on all 8 cylinders? or could they be maybe a bit estrogeny?

Do you see BeerHelpDotCom or VitaminCHelpDotCom?

One thing is for sure. Nonone dealing with the long term effects of finasteride cares that much about their hair any longer.

But go ahead and listen to the posters here who say "those guys who had sides were going to get them anyway - casue they were probobly "old".....go ahead and listen to that rocket scientist....or the consultant chick at your hair transplant doctor who educates you as to how DHT is only useful for making your hair fall out.

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are so many people on this site trying to scare people away from finasteride. I dont understand it. Its been on the market now for almost 20 years to treat male pattern baldness. It is basically the only drug that can treat hairloss.

If a user gets on finasteride, and they have "extreme" side effects, then just drop the finasteride and it will go back to normal. I dont understand the big scare from finasteride. It is a safe drug.

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
Sorry to be so scary, but it would be be one thing if people here were saying. " i feel just great since i started finasteride"....but the posts here are relating that some of the sides are allready presenting.

human beings are very resiliant...but endrochrononlgy is someting that we dont really completley understand....and this reasiliant machine called "your body" has alot of complex things going on.....and intentially starving out male hormones is asking for trouble.

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
Swanson - The issue is not that it has sides. The issue is that it wrecks your endrochrononlogy 1000 times worse that steroids. Do you think even 1 person would be compaining if they stopped taking it and returned to normal?

Nene

Reaction score
Stop the scare mongering, it really isn't that bad and is worth a try.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
There are a ton of people on this forum who were scared of side effects, tried it, had little to none, and are fine on finasteride with no problems at all.

I'm one of these.

Just now at two months on it. Had ball ache for about a week, that went away, now I'm doing fine. Everything is working 100% normal and I continue to work out and gain muscle.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I could count myself as one too. I've had no erection problems whatsoever (which, let's face it, is the side everyone cares about), but my semen has been more watery, but to be honest I can live with that, even if it means reduced fertility (I haven't really bothered to research it)

bender187

Reaction score
< another finasteride user thats been on it since february of this year (first used actual propecia..then switched over to finasteride because its cheaper) ive had no sides at ALL..that is until i increased my dosage which i was advised against and am now taking double what i should..but even then it was minor ball ache, i feel great, everything is working good and i feel clear headed

thats my personal experience..i wouldve actually started it about 2 years ago when my hair thinning just begun but it was because of all the stories i heard such as the ones that poster above SummerOf2010 was trying to spread that kept me from doing it

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm taking Avodart which inhibits much more DHT then finasteride could ever come close to. I certainly don't feel different. Half of these side-effects people come ranting about who come to the forums you must take with a pinch of salt. In the finasteride trial study, the placebo and actual finasteride side effects were very close, which shows how very unlikely side effects are to occur, which people have seem to forget.
Also a different study where participants were never told the possible side-effects showed a further reduction in sides.
Basically, 4 million people use propecia in the world, so statistically 40,000 people are going to rant on about side effects, which are going to be plastered all over the internet.
The drug is safe; there is 20 years of evidence to support this.

Ende

Reaction score
You never know. The drug might turn on you later on. Anyway, I noticed side effects within the first week. By one month, I had reduced libido and erectile dysfunction. It just got worse, and my body was wrecked within 4 months.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Have there been any verified cases of penile shrinkage? Has it happened to you?
I can't remember ever having watery semen before to be honest.