Worth trying dutasteride after finasteride for just hairline?

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
9 months on finasteride, 3 years on minoxidil.

finasteride has completely restored crown, but hairline corners slowly still thinning (one side maybe maintaining, one side slowly thinning) but top/crown thickened up a lot

Ive had no sides, would it be worth it to try dutasteride? Im waiting until a year but i really wish my hairline corners would improve. Im also still using minoxidil

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your are worry add dutasteride to regime, i see people take finasteride+dutasteride give more inprovement than dutasteride alone.
Good luck

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched to dutasteride and gave no intentions of looking back...my hair fall has decreased noticeably...and taking finasteride with dutasteride is pointless

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
I switched to dutasteride and gave no intentions of looking back...my hair fall has decreased noticeably...and taking finasteride with dutasteride is pointless

How long were you on finasteride before switching and what were results like both before and after dutasteride?

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you on finasteride before switching and what were results like both before and after dutasteride?

finasteride didn't really seem to be doing anything ...I would run my hand through my hair and multiple follicles would be lying on my desk...I have only been on dutasteride for a couple months but there has been a massive decrease in shedding...I was on finasteride for a year before I switched to dutasteride

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aside from hairline, did it cover any part of front of head, or just crown, or do you not have loss there?

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Aside from hairline, did it cover any part of front of head, or just crown, or do you not have loss there?

Not sure if this is to me (OP)- but totally thickened up crown and vertex. You can't see any signs of thinning there, now it's just the hairline corners im hoping to improve (one corner much more than the other).

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is to me (OP)- but totally thickened up crown and vertex. You can't see any signs of thinning there, now it's just the hairline corners im hoping to improve (one corner much more than the other).

Yes, thanks. It was you. When people say vertex, how much of the head does that cover, half way on top of head, or further towards the front? When minoxidil says vertex only, they usually only refer to crown part?

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. It was you. When people say vertex, how much of the head does that cover, half way on top of head, or further towards the front? When minoxidil says vertex only, they usually only refer to crown part?

I think vertex is more of the middle, crown is farther back. I think for most people, if you catch it early enough, finasteride is very effective on crown/vertex.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think vertex is more of the middle, crown is farther back. I think for most people, if you catch it early enough, finasteride is very effective on crown/vertex.

Been losing for several years and don't think the crown will come back with that, but wondered if the vertex and near front would get me back to not where it was, but back to at least maybe 2 years ago, when it was OK to conceal better

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165996491

Simply an anecdotal report in post #8 but to quote the man himself, "Pissening results, completely regrew hairline.", he seemed to experience the exact outcome you're looking for.

To those unaware of BB forums misc slang, "pissening" is a term coined by Jason Genova. It can be used in both positive or negative context, in this case it's obviously the former.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It works everywhere in most people that respond its just the temples/front are most sensitive and it might not be enough there to stop it completely

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
It works everywhere in most people that respond its just the temples/front are most sensitive and it might not be enough there to stop it completely

Yeah i mean finasteride has done a great job on my crown, there's no thinning at all now.

I have had no sides and im just contemplating risk vs reward in terms of trying dutasteride for the front