Worth doing more than the Big 3?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently on finasteride 1.25 a day, keto shampoo twice a week (dropping it from routine due to scalp itch) and minoxidil once to twice daily.
See so many threads on all kinds of different things from dermarolling to EATING castor oil, to applying coconut oil. The list is endless.

So is there anything worth adding to the big 3? Has there been a big enough base of evidence/photographic proof to show that something else is worth becoming a staple, making a Big 4?

Thanks

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Yes Oral Castor Oil contains Ricinoleic Acid which will make your hair grow thicker and darker and activates one of the receptors for PGE2, a substance theorized to grow hair. It will make you grow more body hair but is a pretty useful, cheap addition. Don't take more than 2-3ml a day unless you want to **** yourself. There are some other things I use, all in the PG protocol (except Adenogen which I don't really use much anymore anyway).

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Oral Castor Oil contains Ricinoleic Acid which will make your hair grow thicker and darker and activates one of the receptors for PGE2, a substance theorized to grow hair. It will make you grow more body hair but is a pretty useful, cheap addition. Don't take more than 2-3ml a day unless you want to **** yourself. There are some other things I use, all in the PG protocol (except Adenogen which I don't really use much anymore anyway).

Ok please post pics of your thicker, darker hair since using castor oil, since you seem confident it works i'm sure you wouldn't mind this request.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Anything more than the Big 3 seems like overkill. I mean, just finasteride gives you a 86% chance of keeping your hair and perhaps regrowing it. If you're losing ground then consider adding more stuff, but these are a minority. I don't see the point of all these natural stuff, vitamins etc when you could just be on the big 3 and save the money you would have wasted on those stuff for a transplant instead.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Ok please post pics of your thicker, darker hair since using castor oil, since you seem confident it works i'm sure you wouldn't mind this request.

I'm on multiple treatments if you bothered to check my regimen, and if you bothered to read my signature you would see I am debating doing a log here for the public community to benefit from. I am still debating this and idiots like you don't do a good job of persuading me. If I uploaded a pic of my hair now I would be lying if I said it was all down to Castor Oil, and I never claimed it was. If you think I am shilling and trying to get people to buy Castor Oil just for the sake of it then you're even dumber than I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything more than the Big 3 seems like overkill. I mean, just finasteride gives you a 86% chance of keeping your hair and perhaps regrowing it. If you're losing ground then consider adding more stuff, but these are a minority. I don't see the point of all these natural stuff, vitamins etc when you could just be on the big 3 and save the money you would have wasted on those stuff for a transplant instead.

We are all here because we have lost some degree of hair, so growth stimulants are big at the moment, especially if you are maintaining. Currently the only commercially available growth stimulant for hair is minoxidil which is a joke. The treatment is mediocre at best and only works in 1/3rd to 1/2 of male pattern baldness sufferers. Not to mention some of the nasty side effects it can cause which imo are worse than finasteride.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Well has anyone used JUST castor oil and noticed any difference? if not, its all hear say

wakka12

Reaction score
Biotin definitely makes hair appear healthier, doesn't help with sustaining or regrowing though just so you know. Don't waste your time with lasers or rollers.
I would add in stress/anxiety relief, possibly meditation, getting good nights sleep is important. Will help with overall mental health and definitely lessen hair loss.
Washing hair with cold water for 30 seconds after your shower, makes my hair feel thicker and shinier. I think these are all small additions that could help, and if nothing else they'll improve your mental and physical health.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on multiple treatments if you bothered to check my regimen, and if you bothered to read my signature you would see I am debating doing a log here for the public community to benefit from. I am still debating this and idiots like you don't do a good job of persuading me. If I uploaded a pic of my hair now I would be lying if I said it was all down to Castor Oil, and I never claimed it was. If you think I am shilling and trying to get people to buy Castor Oil just for the sake of it then you're even dumber than I thought.
I ask a simple request and i get this bitter, angry reply. When did i mention shilling? You said, and i quote:

Yes Oral Castor Oil contains Ricinoleic Acid which will make your hair grow thicker and darker. - It WILL make your hair grow thicker and darker. If this is the case, a simple before/after photo since you added this to your routine would prove the claim.

It will make you grow more body hair but is a pretty useful, cheap addition - Again, it WILL make you grow more body hair, surely you can post a pic of your arm hair or something to prove that claim too, as finasteride and/or minoxidil would in no way affect body hair unless minoxidil is applied directly, so no matter what your current regime is, it would be a very fair test to see if castor oil has caused an increase in body hair.

Why not just say, 'it in theory has the potential to make your hair grow thicker and darker, however there is not a single piece of photographic evidence to prove this', which appears to be the gods honest truth.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score

So you recommend taking 1 ml a day orally? Considering adding to mine.

tab531

Reaction score
this hermit guy is recommending caster oil.. which I have not seen any good results from users on this site at all..

and hatin on minoxidil.. which I have seen amazing results for "some" people with pictures

smh

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score

this hermit guy is recommending caster oil.. which I have not seen any good results from users on this site at all..

and hatin on minoxidil.. which I have seen amazing results for "some" people with pictures

smh

Ok first off it's Kermit idiot.

Secondly, what on Earth makes you think that before/after photos are the be all and end all? If i posted 2 pics of thicker arm hair then you would succumb and say it was down to Castor? Studies are much better evidence that photos, the PG protocol is backed up by studies. Anti-androgens are backed up by studies. Minoxidil being damaging to the skin and dangerous to the heart is back up BY STUDIES!!! When someone uploads just photos you're taking their word that the photos are of what they say they are, if someone is on the big 3 and then uploads a photo of his regrowth saying he was just on finasteride, then he is lying and has fooled his audience.

Well has anyone used JUST castor oil and noticed any difference? if not, its all hear say

It would be hear say even if someone had.

What you guys don't understand is that Castor Oil works on a prostaglandin level, Castor oil (Riconelic acid) helps raise PGE2, there is near enough very little point of doing this if you're not blocking PGD2, Wounding, and stimulating CD cells as well. Those are the 4 angles for regrowth, I am doing 3 and 1/2 of them and I am starting to see regrowth. This is called the Prostaglandin Protocol pioneered by SwissTemples off the research of Dr Cotsarelis, educate yourself on it. Admittedly I shouldn't have even bothered commenting with Castor Oil cause everyone on this site is incapable of performing the entire protocol so they would be unlikely to see any cosmetic benefit. When I see these people with "derma roll" in their regimen, there is no point unless you do it properly, you are literally just hurting yourself for 0 reason because you were too lazy to perform the protocol properly.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok first off it's Kermit idiot.

Secondly, what on Earth makes you think that before/after photos are the be all and end all? If i posted 2 pics of thicker arm hair then you would succumb and say it was down to Castor? Studies are much better evidence that photos, the PG protocol is backed up by studies. Anti-androgens are backed up by studies. Minoxidil being damaging to the skin and dangerous to the heart is back up BY STUDIES!!! When someone uploads just photos you're taking their word that the photos are of what they say they are, if someone is on the big 3 and then uploads a photo of his regrowth saying he was just on finasteride, then he is lying and has fooled his audience.

It would be hear say even if someone had.

What you guys don't understand is that Castor Oil works on a prostaglandin level, Castor oil (Riconelic acid) helps raise PGE2, there is near enough very little point of doing this if you're not blocking PGD2, Wounding, and stimulating CD cells as well. Those are the 4 angles for regrowth, I am doing 3 and 1/2 of them and I am starting to see regrowth. This is called the Prostaglandin Protocol pioneered by SwissTemples off the research of Dr Cotsarelis, educate yourself on it. Admittedly I shouldn't have even bothered commenting with Castor Oil cause everyone on this site is incapable of performing the entire protocol so they would be unlikely to see any cosmetic benefit. When I see these people with "derma roll" in their regimen, there is no point unless you do it properly, you are literally just hurting yourself for 0 reason because you were too lazy to perform the protocol properly.

As so the truth comes out. Castor oil you admit then is absolutely useless when added to the big 3, the complete opposite of what you said on the earlier post that i picked apart.
Nothing to see here folks.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
As so the truth comes out. Castor oil you admit then is absolutely useless when added to the big 3, the complete opposite of what you said on the earlier post that i picked apart.
Nothing to see here folks.

Quoted from Norwood One, a respected member of this forum (unlike you), in another thread:

My hair is much darker and healthier looking since adding castor oil 1x a night. No, i did not magically regrow my NW0 hairline but my hair does not look lifeless like it did before.

Funny, my mom used to tout it as a great miracle to grow hair when I first started losing. I had just found out about minoxidil and said "No way keep your oil, these old wives tales homemade medicines don't work. Im just gonna get minoxidil"

Turn's out ricinolenic acid in castor oil activates the prostaglandin EP3 receptor.

...Moms are always right.

There are also other people from the Private forum who have seen this effect with Castor Oil. No it's definitely not useless but if you are using it on it's own don't expect anything special, it is best used as part of a regimen, a regimen people like you are too dumb to follow.