Worth a try...?

mregg

Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit silly but I've been thinking about disolving a few finasteride tablets in some minoxidil, and then mixing that in a shampoo bottle with some nizoral and using it as a shampoo, say every 2/3 days :shock:

Has anybody tried this? I know topically applied finasteride isnt going to be especially effective otherwise there'd be products out already....but surely even a small amount will absorb into the skin on the scalp, at the site where it's needed most!

What's the worst that can happen...this potion makes my hair fall out?!?!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the problem is minoxidil. First of all, I'm not sure you can just pour minoxidil straight into nizoral bottle and expect it to be a "solution". Second: as you're washing hair, some of that shampoo (CONTAINING MINOXIDIL) will get on your face thus making hair grow ON YOUR FACE!

I wouldn't any of that :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

mregg

Reaction score
That's very true I couldn't really have it running everywhere....my monobrow is bad enough as it is...... but if it could be applied carefully and left on like a shampoo, like I do with nizoral anyway, for a few minutes and then carefully washed off....

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why not just apply minoxidil SEPARATELY? is it that much of a hassle? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

mregg

Reaction score
It's not about it being a hassle, I've used the three treatments seperately for a while.

Just wondered if anybody had tried it, I might give it a shot. It might not be great for my hair as a shampoo....but then neither is male pattern baldness