Worst Dutasteride Shed In Recorded History With Pictures, Will Update!!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes, the medications can stop working... And you're back at square one, which could be the issue here.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Background: Started diffuse thinning two years ago. I went down to NW3 with very little density. Got on 1mg finasteride and had huge regrowth.

Decided I wanted to maximise regrowth potential, so I started on Dutasteride 5 months ago. It seemed to go better but in the last four months I have dropped 80% density. I almost laugh in the mirror because of how quick it has gone, but then I cry instead.

I had my hair longer and I noticed it lost some density. This is when I decided to shave my head so I could accurately track it. You can see even in the last month how much I have lost.Ignore the redness, it was from microneedling.

The dutasteride is working. My facial hair has lost 40% density, and hairs that used to grow on finasteride such as hand hair does not grow at all. I honestly do not know what could cause such a severe shed. It is worse than baseline 2 years ago now.

Now it is the ultimate gamble. Do I stick with the dutasteride and hope for the best? Or do I return to finasteride and try salvage what I can?

I went through a pretty disgusting shed myself, but with finastride. I thought at the time it was the worst decision I ever made but I stuck it out, and I'm glad I did because I got results. Perhaps stay on duastride for another 7 months to the year mark. These medications take time. If not then maybe switch back to finastride.

I'm not sure why you switched from finastride to duastride though, especially when you were seeing regrowth... Usually people go to duastride when finastride doesn't work for them or stops working.

deathtodut

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through a pretty disgusting shed myself, but with finastride. I thought at the time it was the worst decision I ever made but I stuck it out, and I'm glad I did because I got results. Perhaps stay on duastride for another 7 months to the year mark. These medications take time. If not then maybe switch back to finastride.

I'm not sure why you switched from finastride to duastride though, especially when you were seeing regrowth... Usually people go to duastride when finastride doesn't work for them or stops working.

Was it as bad as mine? Check the picture from January 27th to now. I am probably at 10% density haha.

I switched because I wanted to get what I could before it was too late. I did not see it as a risk. If finasteride worked, then dutasteride would be even better was how I saw it.

I will stick it out for one year. If it does not work I am throwing in the towel with trying to fight nature.