Worsening After 6 Months Constant Improvement On Finasteride

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse Androgenetic Alopecia. I have been 6.5 months on treatment(finasteride+minoxidil+topical finasteride). I had only seen constant improvement from the first to the sixth month. I had a shedding phase during the third. Not a big deal, it was the moment I got the biggest gains all over. There was a specific area from my left temple to the crown (where I used to part my hair) I was particularly satisfied with: my diffuse thinning almost dissapeared around the part line.

To my frustration, a few days ago I noticed this area thinned again and I can see my scalp through the light making all my nightmares come back from the crave. I have no shedding (at least not heavy at all), so it doesn't look like a sign of a cycle.

Long story short, is that normal after having proved my treatment worked for 6 months? Is it sign of my Androgenetic Alopecia being too agressive so that finasteride can not do enough to stop it? Have you suffered up and down with finasteride like this? Should I take action and go for dutasteride?

I have another thread telling my story:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-with-topical-finasteride-finastopic.100054/

Please help me. Falling again is even harder than the first time...

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened to you? i had similar reaction to treatment like you. What path did you choose? how things progressed?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have diffuse Androgenetic Alopecia. I have been 6.5 months on treatment(finasteride+minoxidil+topical finasteride). I had only seen constant improvement from the first to the sixth month. I had a shedding phase during the third. Not a big deal, it was the moment I got the biggest gains all over. There was a specific area from my left temple to the crown (where I used to part my hair) I was particularly satisfied with: my diffuse thinning almost dissapeared around the part line.

To my frustration, a few days ago I noticed this area thinned again and I can see my scalp through the light making all my nightmares come back from the crave. I have no shedding (at least not heavy at all), so it doesn't look like a sign of a cycle.

Long story short, is that normal after having proved my treatment worked for 6 months? Is it sign of my Androgenetic Alopecia being too agressive so that finasteride can not do enough to stop it? Have you suffered up and down with finasteride like this? Should I take action and go for dutasteride?

I have another thread telling my story:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-with-topical-finasteride-finastopic.100054/

Please help me. Falling again is even harder than the first time...

no no no. Its a cycle 6 months isnt long. Give it two years, and come back if its worse. You cant fret and frolic over every single visible change just have faith long term its going to be better.