Worries About First Fitting, Have I Been Lied Too?

Has anyone even had it fall off?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

N71

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI,

I am about to go down and have my first fitting. I have tons of thoughts running through my head. Does it look natural, will it blow off, will people notice? AT the moment I use fibers and it covers it well, but I feel that with this new system it may fall off as I go to the gym regally and lead quite an active life. Can you actually go swimming in it too? Im not sure if I being lied too and feel that once i go down this route there is no turning back but to shave my head.

Help?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi N71

When you try one of these systems on, you will see that it cannot possibly "fall off". The glues that are used are extremely strong, and the system itself is as light as a feather, so the adhesion is actually wildly over-engineered. So no; it absolutely cannot "fall off".

You can get tiny corners where the base comes up - usually nearly invisible and easily fixed. If you are lax about maintenance, or if you get the glue wet or very sweaty in the first 24 hours, it can turn white, and the bond will be much less strong. But still the system will not fall off.

Yes, you can swim in your system, but not in the first 24 hours after application.

N71

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, Ive gone with a lace option as i was told that it would be the best fit for my lifestyle. But again the next worry is will you see the lace through the hair? So many concerns

N71

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, Ive gone with a lace option as i was told that it would be the best fit for my lifestyle. But again the next worry is will you see the lace through the hair? So many concerns

Noah

Reaction score
N71 - it is very difficult to see lace when it is placed against your skin. The mesh strands are colourless and very fine, and when they sit against your skin they blend into the fine lines on your skin. Obviously over most of your system you will also have hair, and the eye naturally focuses on the hair, and does not notice a fine near-invisible mesh sitting against the skin. You would have to be very unlucky to have someone spot it.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Fairly new to wearing a hairpiece, since June. Tried thin skin, french lace with poly surround, now with a swiss lace. I find the swiss is best for me. I use tape flush with the edge of the lace. Here is a pic of hairline. Try not to worry to much... it will be fun to wear, you'll see.

Attachments

• 20170915_003106.jpg
    20170915_003106.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 537

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AxC, I don't know how others feel but I believe it would be good for you to lose some density.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed..., the next piece (ordered and recieved) has less density. This piece I ordered online ( $105 from china) was a backup piece, as my other one was back ordered. Overall I find not bad for the price I paid. It sheds a lot, so density will be OK in a few weeks ...LOL

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not bad at all. I believe that next hair piece might be perfect.

Do you go to a professional or attach it by yourself? And did you tell anyone about it?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not bad at all. I believe that next hair piece might be perfect.

Do you go to a professional or attach it by yourself? And did you tell anyone about it?

see other pics ( better I find) on other post here..I was lucky as in my city, a lady who has a wig store wanted to get in the mens hair replacement business and was looking for models to try it out.. I was researching hairpieces a lot and together we are trying out tdifferent things such a types of bases, glues, tapes... I order my pieces online, have them installed by her, and use a barber to cut. ( sometimes barber in the lady's shop, other times I go to barbershop ( with a hat on as the pieces are 6inches long all over..LOL) . I have reattached it myself but find it difficult to align just right so I go back to see her whenever glue breaks down...

as for my entourage, close friends and family ... they know as I told them my interest in changing my look and going for a hairpiece. others ( distant relatives..) think I let me hair grow back or had a transplant. I was shaving my head completely for the past 15 years...so it was quite a drastic change...but most love it. I do to...but it is a lot of maintenance....