Worried...big shedding at the year mark?

souldoctor

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been taking propecia for nearly coming up to a year now, and have diffuse thinning...and overall I think propecia is (was?) working okay' although I've never really totally stopped losing hair for long periods of time, and have had a few sheds, it has usually grown back in quite quickly...and about two or 3 months ago I had a really thick nice head of hair and could even just get out of bed and walk out the door without caring like I used to which was nice!!

Thing is in about the last 6 weeks or so I've had a HUGE shed... to the point that the whole of the top of my head and especially the front has thinned out massively, and it looks like crap...is this normal nearing the year mark? Anyone else had this and recovered? Should I stick with propecia for a little longer, or just say that the year on propecia is almost up and it hasn't really helped a huge deal?

SD

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with it. It obviously works for you, just ride it out. I don't know why people tout 12 months as this magical number. Like your hair goes "hey its been 12 months, we should be looking as good as we are ever gonna now". Just wait I'm sure it will all come back, two years is probably a much better figure gives your hair plenty of time to go through a few cycles.