Worried About Donor Area After Upcoming Transplant

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A year and a half ago I had a 5000 graft FUE transplant at a pretty poor clinic in the UK that didn't do a great job.

I am about to get a 2nd transplant at Asmed next week. They have quoted me 2500 - 3000 grafts. The thing is I'm really worried about how my donor area is going to look after this mainly because I like to have my hair cut down to a 1 guard around the back and sides every couple of weeks.

I am considering getting SMP about a month after the procedure to thicken the appearance of the donor area and the transplant overall but I'm still worried sick about being one of those horror stories where the back of my head looks all bare and scarred.

Attachments

• IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 365

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you have photos of the first procedure show those to the doctor prior to the next one so he knows where they took out the grafts. 8000 is a big number.

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8,000 grafts? It seems to be way too much, you should be very careful
I'm there now, getting ready for my consultation tomorrow so hopefully he will let me know what I have available.

They don't seem like the sort of clinic that butcher people.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Asmed quoted me for 5000 grafts. Another (imo more ethical) clinic quoted for 2500 grafts.

I will let you to decide what would be more appropriate amount for me.

Attachments

• 2B158473-2DFF-4DEC-A88F-F4B3E8C1D4E0.jpeg
    2B158473-2DFF-4DEC-A88F-F4B3E8C1D4E0.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 278

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the hairline that Asmed have suggested so basically following my existing hairline and thickening it. Koray said that I should have 2000 grafts rather than the originally suggested 3000.

Attachments

• Telogen Effluvium.png
    Telogen Effluvium.png
    868.8 KB · Views: 258

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the hairline that Asmed have suggested so basically following my existing hairline and thickening it. Koray said that I should have 2000 grafts rather than the originally suggested 3000.
Happy days, if the Doctor says you need less then trust him... Especially when he normally tells patients you need more lol.