World Hair Congress 2022 in Melbourne Australia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first World Hair Congress in three years is being held in mid-November in Melbourne. Prior congresses have had some interesting presentations. There should be a great deal to discuss as this is the first one since 2019. Are there any Australians here interested in attending?
Capture.JPG

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another congress talking about Finasteride and Minoxidil.
Previous congresses didn't talk about finasteride or minoxidil. They didn't offer better treatments, but they did present new insights into the disease and potential future treatments. Have a look in the hair congress section to see. It was very interesting.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the justification of that registration fee? Has this forum actually sponsored someone to attend one of these in the past?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the justification of that registration fee? Has this forum actually sponsored someone to attend one of these in the past?
Check the second sticky in this forum, they crowd funded someone to the conference in 2017. It gives a lot of good insights into where the science is headed and even new treatment ideas for the group buy crowd.

Nehel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoever goes there, please audio record the conference with your phone so that we don't miss any information.

Briandesigns

Reaction score
twice already. the last time the whole forum had high hopes for several hair cloning tech such as Aderans so funds were raised to send Hellouser to go document the event for us. It turned out to be very disappointing because almost no new info was presented and at the same time there were negative news on almost all the hyped up techs.

What are some interesting techs we hope to learn more about this time?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
twice already. the last time the whole forum had high hopes for several hair cloning tech such as Aderans so funds were raised to send Hellouser to go document the event for us. It turned out to be very disappointing because almost no new info was presented and at the same time there were negative news on almost all the hyped up techs.

What are some interesting techs we hope to learn more about this time?
There was lots of good info provided, it's just that people wanted news of an imminent cure which didn't happen. I'm hoping to hear discussion about prolactin and this study among other things.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Previous congresses didn't talk about finasteride or minoxidil. They didn't offer better treatments, but they did present new insights into the disease and potential future treatments. Have a look in the hair congress section to see. It was very interesting.
We didn’t see any treatment from all those congresses to enter clinical trials.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another congress talking about Finasteride and Minoxidil.
I disagree. There is some talk from some researchers that the inductivity problem may be almost licked and once the inductivity problem is solved that could be the ballgame. A few researchers claim they've made progress on the inductivity problem.

And remember, Stemson's tech involves iPS cells, and iPS cells don't require a solution to the inductivity problem, which means that at least one research group, Stemson, has found a way past the inductivity problem. We're inching closer.

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was lots of good info provided, it's just that people wanted news of an imminent cure which didn't happen. I'm hoping to hear discussion about prolactin and this study among other things.
Regarding the study cited, scalp human hair is different from mice, it is asynchronous,..., then probably more complex than only Fgf/Wnt interaction

Fgf and Wnt signaling interaction in the mesenchymal niche regulates the murine hair cycle clock​

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree. There is some talk from some researchers that the inductivity problem may be almost licked and once the inductivity problem is solved that could be the ballgame. A few researchers claim they've made progress on the inductivity problem for their treatments. I don't know if that means they've partially solved the problem or completely solved the problem, but IMO the next hair loss congress could reveal some big news.

And remember, Stemson's tech involves iPS cells, and iPS cells don't require a solution to the inductivity problem, which means that at least one research group, Stemson, has found a way past the inductivity problem. We're inching closer.

This study by Tsuji is a how to guide:

"In past decades, much effort has been devoted to establishing a method to expand HFSCs while maintaining their organ-inductive ability. Recently, ChacónMartínez and colleagues established a culture method to maintain the regenerative capacity even after 15 passages. In the present study, we found the condition to increase HFSC populations approximately 200-fold, which is much improved from previous studies. Moreover, the expression of Itgβ5 in addition to CD34/CD49f could be a good marker to evaluate the ability of cultured HFSCs to cyclically induce hair regeneration. Findings from Chacón-Martínez and colleagues as well as from our research group will significantly advance the technological development of HF regenerative therapy."

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This study by Tsuji is a how to guide:

"In past decades, much effort has been devoted to establishing a method to expand HFSCs while maintaining their organ-inductive ability. Recently, ChacónMartínez and colleagues established a culture method to maintain the regenerative capacity even after 15 passages. In the present study, we found the condition to increase HFSC populations approximately 200-fold, which is much improved from previous studies. Moreover, the expression of Itgβ5 in addition to CD34/CD49f could be a good marker to evaluate the ability of cultured HFSCs to cyclically induce hair regeneration. Findings from Chacón-Martínez and colleagues as well as from our research group will significantly advance the technological development of HF regenerative therapy."

This was done on mice. They still need to show how their technology will translate on humans.

Gump

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point in attending IMO...or at least in us funding anyone. Anything noteworthy will come out in the following weeks, and anything great will likely be known about ahead of time.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No point in attending IMO...or at least in us funding anyone. Anything noteworthy will come out in the following weeks, and anything great will likely be known about ahead of time.
That's not exactly accurate. If you listen to the recordings from when hellouser went there is a lot of information that we would not have gotten otherwise.