Come on ENGERLAND!

Wayne-Rooney-England_2085298.jpg

But of course, the Americans have their own balding star to watch out for

landon-donovan.jpg

Your predictions?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be one of those wonderfully thrilling and exciting 0-0 ties that we've come to expect in soccer.

(yawn)

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
It might be one of those wonderfully thrilling and exciting 0-0 ties that we've come to expect in soccer.

...or there may be stoppages every ten seconds.. :whistle:

Seriously though, 3-1 England...hopefully

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan if you don't like football (soccer as you call it), then why comment on a football thread. Also, I wonder why football has a world cup, and your little american counterpart dosn't.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Give me a 0-0 draw over your 5 hour snoozefests anyday (baseball and american football).
Football is a great sport because it's played all over the world, and by more people than any other sport. Hence at its highest level, we're watching more people with real 'one in a million' talent than in any other sport. The pace isn't always breakneck, but when you've played football, you appreciate the subtleties of what guys at that level can do..
Oh and England'll win..

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you sure the americans won't pick up the ball and try and score a touchdown with it :whistle:

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
are you sure the americans won't pick up the ball and try and score a touchdown with it :whistle:

lol

I think the USA will do quite well as they've got lots of players that play in the EPL. It will be a close game - i recon a 2-1 win for England.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
As i am English i want England to win but I do like America and American people and i would like to see the USA do well in this competition. I always see America as England's big brother and i feel the 2 nations should always support each other because the rest of the world hates us both :hump:

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hope we destroy the yanks.

I am getting sick of Obama and his ant-British comments. Lets show them what 'kick ***' really means.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
england were obviously the better team on the night that's for sure. However, both were really sloppy. Neither of them will do well in the tournament probs.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EasyEd said:

You must have had inside information.

I assume the CIA are running this World Cup and will be using all their intelligence and espionage networks to ensure that they lift the Cup in July.

The USA must be jealous that football is the one thing that's bigger and better and isn't American.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yep, it was a boring game. England should have won, but US were strong. Tough group for them though, if US can beat Slovenia then they will likely qualify...first games at the world cup are normally less than spectacular.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
"England were obviously the better team..."
"I assume the CIA are running this World Cup..."
"England should have won, but US were strong..."

Wow, can you GET any more British than that?? :)

Maybe this: I say, old chap, care for a spot o' tea? There's a good lad...

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bryan said:

Are you commenting on the conjugations of the verb "to be" ("were", "are") or the comments themselves?

If it's the former then I suppose you're questioning why the third person plural past simple "were" was used instead of "was", and the second person plural present simple "are" was used instead of "is". You have a valid point regarding singular and plural nouns and it's debatable which is the correct form.

If it's the latter then my comment (CIA) was based on English irony - something most nations' peoples, especially the USA's, don't understand.

I was actually hoping the USA would win this game and when they scored the equaliser I was the only one in the pub (bar) cheering frantically.

Your comment using English that would only have been heard in very poorly acted films from the 1940s, or from the Upper Classes even earlier, highlights your ignorance.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Optimistic said:
Bryan said:

My comment (CIA) was based on English irony - something most nations' peoples, especially the USA's, don't understand.

I don't understand. What does that have to do with irony? Please explain.

Optimistic said:
Your comment using English that would only have been heard in very poorly acted films from the 1940s, or from the Upper Classes even earlier, highlights your ignorance.

Ignorance of what? What does that have to do with what I said?