Working Rogaine Foam into daily routine

Leonadial

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I hope I can get some help to some general questions about working my hair loss treatments into my daily routine.

I'm 32 and thinning on my crown and temples. I started using Rogaine Foam (x2 daily) and Finpecia 2 months ago but I'm struggling to stick to the program consistently.

My problem in the mornings is that I like to quickly style my hair (with L'anza Thickening Molding Paste) while it is still damp. I read in the Rogaine Foam instructions that you should ideally dry your hair completely before applying the foam, or at least towel dry, and that the foam should be applied and dry before applying any hair styling products. What I try to do is towel dry my hair just enough to apply the foam, leave it 1-2 mins then style with the paste before my hair gets too dry. If I leave it too long then I have to wet my hair again and I'm sure this reduces the effectiveness of the foam. I've always had my doubts about whether my hair is dry enough or if I leave the foam long enough before styling, and what sometimes happens when I'm in a hurry is that I skip the foam altogether, which is not good.

Q1. How important is it to dry your hair before applying Rogaine Foam? If it is only towel dry, to what extent does it reduce the effectiveness of the treatment?

Q2. How long do should you leave it after applying the foam before using styling products? It is hard to tell if the foam is dry if your hair is still slightly damp anyway.

My problem in the evening is different. Sometimes I don't get around to applying the second lot of Rogaine foam until just before I go to bed. My daughter is 18 months old and she is often in our bed with us at night and rolls over on to my pillow. I worry that if I go to bed and the foam is still damp in my hair, it will come off on my pillow and my daughter will be exposed to it. I sometimes therefore skip applying the foam in these circumstances and try to remember to apply it much earlier in the evening.

Q3. Is there any risk to my baby daughter or even my wife (not pregnant) of the Rogaine Foam rubbing off on a pillow that they may end up using?

I guess that both these concerns combine to make me pretty inconsistent in applying the foam recently. I would say that I end up missing at least one treatment a day 2-3 days a week.

Q4. Just how bad is it that I sometimes skip 2-5 of 14 applications of Rogaine Foam in a week? To what extent am I reducing the effectiveness of the treatment with this inconsistency?

I know I need to get much more disciplined but I hope that some answers from the community to the questions above will really help me find a routine that works for me.

Thanks in advance