Working Regimen for Years Seems to Be Slowly Losing Ground

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, so my regimen for past 6 years:
1 quarter of 5 mg Finasteride in the morning
Spray of Tricomin in morning and evening that I rub in
1 full application of liquid minoxidil in evening that I rub in (I find doing both morning and evening just ends up with lots of unabsorbed flakes of minoxidil in my hair)
Nizoral every 3-4 days

I used to also do dermastamp once a week for years, but saw no results and thought it may be too much, so I stopped

The regimen worked great, particularly once I got on Finasteride back in 2016. These past months, however, after getting a short haircut I realized my hair is definitely thinning again and my hairline has receded some more. Is this just the inevitable of Finasteride losing its potency? Any suggestions on what I might try to change or add to the regimen to get me back in shape? I could do minoxidil twice a day again, but in the past it caused a lot of flaking and dry scalp issues and seemed like overkill. I am considering have a professional PRP microneedling done if anyone has any experience or thoughts on that.

Possible Culprits I considered:
-The micro needling once every week before applying Tricomin and Minoxidil might have been too much and perhaps was damaging the scalp or hair follicles
-I do sometimes wonder if over-rubbing my scalp can be damaging for the hair, since I rub in Tricomin twice a day, minoxidil once a day, and both shampoo and conditioner every few days. I try to rub gently and not be rough

That's about it. It may just be age is catching up to me (I am 31) and started thinning in my early/mid 20s, but started treatment in 2015 (first just minoxidil, then finasteride in 2016).

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s possible to lose ground on that regimen over the years. You have to add other things unfortunately. So dutasteride once a week or maybe RU.