Working on getting my hairline back! BigTX's log

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think by my third month I started noticing little hairs growing around my temples, they haven't started thickening up until recently though.

My hair loss right now is kind of odd… I notice around 10 fallen normal lengthened hairs daily, but then I notice dozens of shorter ones too that are either really thin or regular thickness. I'm guessing the shorter ones are from my norwood spots, which are all in contact with minoxidil. I would say finasteride has stopped almost all hairloss everywhere else, but I still lose a decent amount from my hairline still. But hey, at least some parts have thickened up. I can't wait until there's no more loss, and I can just focus on gaining it all back

Edit:
Also I honestly think the liquid minoxidil is already doing so much better. I would definitely recommend it over any foams

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
-Check the initial post
-I think I have a diffusing hairline, maybe NW2/3A?
-Vellus hairs appeared 2nd month, they started taking color 3rd, thickening up as of recently
-What are duvets..?

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I gotcha, I'm just not familiar with the French hair transplant lingo. To answer your question though I haven't had any duvets, I'm only 19 that'd be crazy haha

sunchaser

Reaction score
love to read ur well documented and complete updates.
really curious to see how the liquid min will behave on ur head.
keep us updated man and goodluck...and oh yeah... stop dermarollin xD

kadir657

Reaction score
@sunchaser why he got to stop dermarollin ? It allows the minoxidil to stimulate the hairfollicle much better.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
@kadir : does it ?
I guess what I'm trying to say is : stop dermarolling to the extent that some guys have been dermarolling (almost bleeding their brain out) ... for the wounding effect.
All THAT dermarolling craze is based on a HIGHLY debateable Indian """study""" ...
dermarolling lightly to improve minoxidil penetration ... maybe that would be somewhat beneficial , yes.

edit : It seems I have two accounts here. Sorry bout that -> sunchaser = chemical brother

scalp'hell

Reaction score
dermarolling is bull****.
interesting early and catastrophic once it is healed less product penetrate into the scars.
interesting at first because minoxidil penetrates faster and enters the bloodstream.
on the long term .......is catastrophic i think.

it is my opinion.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Update 3/23/14

Hey guys, slight update at 6 months of progress. I think I'm finally starting to see some legit progress happening on the left side of my hairline, tons of terminal hairs that aren't very long yet. Right side is still thinning a good amount but I can see some improvement from last month, which is all that matters anyway… progress! My sides continue to really show progress. I'm actually satisfied with them at this point and all that really needs to improve is my hairline. After one month of trying out the liquid minoxidil I'm definitely going to continue it in my regimen.

I've stopped rolling. After 12 weeks of usage I saw no results anywhere close to the study that first made me want to test it out. For now I'm just going to stick entirely to the big 3

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Congrats BigT, Just curious when you stopped Drolling? Month 4 or 5for example. Thanx for sharing.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks again and for the overall positive update. All the best.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Update 4/9/2014

What's up guys, I'm checking in at 6 months and 3 weeks.
Just a second ago I was looking at some pictures of my hairline from around two months ago and comparing them in the mirror. It was a nice surprise to see that in place of some wimpy looking hairs on my left side are now short, natural colored terminal hairs that pop up in numbers each day. Right side is still diffusing, but I don't lose nearly as many of the miniaturized thin hairs as I use to. 90% are regular thickness but it's so disappointing to see them fall out without reaching their full length! ARRGHH! However, if I look close enough I can see some mini colored hairs sprouting up that look like they have the potential to go terminal. Sides are seriously the star of the show, though. Although I'm satisfied with them right now, they continue to look better with each passing week, it's awesome!

Still no sides from finasteride, but the liquid minoxidil is either leaving residue behind, or creating dandruff on my hairline. It's a first, never in my life have I ever encountered any flaking issues.

I'l post up some pictures on the 20th marking seven months. I really think I'm on the brink of seeing some serious improvements, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
No way were you a NW3, maybe somewhere between 2 and 2.5. Great results, congrats!

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Update 4/19/20

7months!

Hair 7 months ago

IMG_2496.JPG

Last night

IMG_3132.jpg
More details tomorrow

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
wow! nice job!

- - - Updated - - -

Any side effects?

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently just using the big 3. Only thing is flaking and itchiness from the Kirklands minoxidil. Itchiness only lasts like 30 minutes post-application

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look awesome bro. I'd really love to see how you progress pass the 1 year mark.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm glad you are happily achieving success from your current regimen. You look good. Honestly it's somewhat hard for me to clearly detect your progress because of your style masks your overall hairline, particularly your temple regions. Congrats. all the same. Looking forward to your future updates.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how you ruled out saw palmetto when you were taking the big-3 at the same time. How do you know which product is doing what?

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how you ruled out saw palmetto when you were taking the big-3 at the same time. How do you know which product is doing what?

Good question. In the end, you can never really tell if it actually made an impact. I was on the stuff for only two months, which you would think wouldn't be an effective period for judgement on its effectiveness. How I made my decision is comparing it to everything else I've tried. After two months on minoxidil (especially the liquid) I saw pretty good regrowth. Both finasteride and nizoral played an effective role in reducing my hair loss. After I dropped saw palmetto, I saw no budge in the amount of hair I was losing or regrowth.

I don't have a one way or the other opinion on SP, I'm just recording my experience. I think it would be worth a try especially for anyone under 18, or if someone just wants to add something to their regimen. I initially tried it out because after internet research I found basically the same reviews as I did as finasteride. It was 50/50 so I thought why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Update 4/20/14

Rogaine 5% 2x/day:5.5 months
Kirklands Liquid minoxidil 1x/day: 2 months
-Sides: Flaking on application areas and decently intense itch 30 minutes after
-Progress: Liquid minoxidil has proven to be miles better than the foam. Sides are fine now but continue to regrow full speed. I now lose barely any miniaturized hairs. Still losing shorter hairs but they're regular thickness. Overall minoxidil shedding from the liquid is starting to subside. The last couple weeks I've definitely noticed a reduction is lost hair. Both sides of hairline continue to thicken up and grow.
Finasteride 1mg/day: 6 months
-Sides: None
-Progress: All non minoxidil lost hairs have reached normal amount of hair fall. Really satisfied with how it's been working for me so far
Regenepure: 1.5 months
Nizoral 3x/weeks: 3.5 months
-Sides: None
-Progress: Still doing its job!
Dermaroller 1.5mm: 12 weeks/10 rolls
Saw Palmetto: 2 months

I think my hair loss is almost unnoticeable compared to a year ago where it would look bad a majority of the day. My hairline still has a long way to go, but I'm willing to wait at this point. Really satisfied with the Big 3 overall!

Front 7months ago/today
IMG_2496.JPGIMG_3132.jpg

Right side 2 months ago before liquid/today
IMG_2816.jpgIMG_3139.jpg

Left side 2 months ago before liquid/today
IMG_2817.jpgIMG_3138.jpg

Top today
IMG_3137.jpg

The thumbnail is from 2 months ago

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg