Word of encouragement needed...

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm coming on my 11th month of propecia and i just keep shedding. Just today i woke up and i looked at my hairy pillow case and got extremely worried. Why am i still shedding? Ive never had any sheds like the ones since ive started propecia. I've never had the scalp itch like the ones since ive started propecia.

I started Propecia to halt a slightly receeding hairline, but at this moment im most scared of the hairs im losing all over my head. Im approaching the one year mark, and despite all the sheds ive had, i've diligently followed the course. Well, in a couple months i should asses my situtation and determine if this past years effort was worth it or not. Unfortunately, at this very moment id have to say no. To be fair, I cannot say if my hair really got "worse" as i have grown my hair out. At the same time the year before propecia I said the same thing.

For all those that have kept shedding and still improved, i need some words of encouragement.

G

I feel the same as you, although I've been on finasteride only for about 4 months. During that time, my hair has really became utter sh*t, it has thinned so much it's ridiculous. Before I started Propecia I really couldn't be sure if I'm balding or not, I had a very bad feeling but I wasn't 100% sure about it. Now it's so f*****g easy to tell! I can see my scalp from the hairline all the way 'til the crown +my scalp itches, it never itched before I got on finasteride. I'm f*****g screwed one month before my 24th birthday. f*****g awesome.

P.S. I don't blame finasteride, since my bro's balding has been just as fast as mine, and he wasn't using finasteride.