Woods post op pics

frankc

Reaction score
here are some 2 week post op pictures from my procedures from Dr.Ray WOODS.Go to www.hairsite.com then click hairtransplant and then go to hairtransplant open topic Franklins 2 week post op pics.I shaved my head down to zero and right before the pics were taken I shaved down the donor site.It should give you a pretty good idea what was accomplished.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Hey Franklin,

looks great!!! I think we have kind of the same hair type, looking at your shaved head and the 'before' picture. I am balding in the same way...
I was just wondering how old you are and what happens if the hairloss continues for the hair that wasn't transplanted?
Anyway like I said it look great and I am very impressed by the looks of the donor area (below the scar from your previous(?) operation)!
Are you growing your hair now longer or do you keep it shaved?

Bye!

frankc

Reaction score
Hey Jonathan I am 40.I am taking Propecia.But the thinning pretty much is right down the middle.I will let my hair grow out a bit in the back to cover scar maybe 1/2 inch should do it.Thanks

hotdillon

Reaction score
FrankC, I am also curious, how much did this cost for how many grafts?
Also, Is this the Woods from Australia?

Thanks!!

frankc

Reaction score
Yeah guys it is Dr.Woods from Australia.His website www.4hair.com.au anyway 1100 grafts cost 14000 dollars.Very expensive but I wanted no more strip scar and a lot less tramatic than the strip.I spoke to a lot of people before I made this descion who had it done years ago and I was able to veiw the whole placement of the grafts very re assuring.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
To all -

Unfortunately, while there have been some better than negative results with Woods, he has a bad reputation for trying to cash in on his secret techniques for personal financial gain, has almost no legitimacy as far as his peers go, refuses to publish his work or his techniques, and has all but been ostracized by the cosmetic surgery / hair restoration surgery community.

There are several reputable surgeons doing Follicular Unit Extraction now, and we advise all of our users to seek them out, rather than rogue surgeons like Woods.

HairLossTalk.com

frankc

Reaction score
Hairloss talk.I don't think it is neccassary for you to steer people away from Woods.He is a legitimate doctor and the pioneer of FUE.I am not hear to promote any doctor but just share my experience.As far as the other reputable doctors doing FUE yeas they are some but all in the primitive stage.Dr.Jones and all others are still using 1 mm punch and the long terms effects on ones donor site are unknown.I have been to conferences by Dr.Woods and have talked to several doctors that have recognized dr.Woods work.The only problem that people seem to have is he does not share his tool to the public.When I asked him this months ago he said he did not want to just give it out and have all doctors without proper training which took him over 14 years to develop just go out and start telling people thay are doing the Woods Technique.It is a lot more than just the tool.And for everyones information Dr.Woods is now going to train doctors in this technique and help bring it to the United States.This all has to do with the declaration of patient rights.As consumers I think the patient should come first.Anyway I am just here to share my experience and help otheres if I can.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
frankc said:
Hairloss talk.I don't think it is neccassary for you to steer people away from Woods.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I am here to educate my users and help them differentiate between legitimate treatments and doctors, and those treatments which have not legitimized themselves - and those doctors which have not done the same. Woods absolutely falls into this category. Therefore I can't feel comfortable steering my users towards him.

He has hidden all his practices and techniques from *all* of his peers both in australia and the united states. He has kept his procedure and tools secret and declined invitations to speak publicly in front of his peers about them. He refused to even attend at the October surgical restoration conference in Chicago unless they PAID HIM to show up (!!!!). He told them if they wanted him there they had to give him a free ride, and foot his bill of over $1,500.

He has held "franchise-like" conferences where he attempted to sell his procedure to surgeons willing to pay a him a pretty penny for it. This violates everything the Hippocratic Oath stands for, which he as a physician agreed to.

frankc said:
He is a legitimate doctor and the pioneer of FUE.
He may have an MD after his name, but legitimate he is not. None of his peers recognize him in the industry. He also is not the pioneer of FUE. Why? Because nobody is the pioneer of any medical technique unless they publish their technique and subject it to peer review. Woods has refused to do this because it would mean he couldn't sell the technique for personal gain. Rogue techniques hidden for financial gain and exclusivity not only violate the oath Woods took as a doctor, but they completely limit the availability of the technique to the rest of the world who desperately needs it, further violating everything Physicians and researchers stand for.

frankc said:
I am not hear to promote any doctor but just share my experience.
Fair enough, and you retain that right to do so. But I do need to warn and advise my users of the facts as well. No personal hard feelings towards you at all. I am glad it worked out for you.

frankc said:
As far as the other reputable doctors doing FUE yeas they are some but all in the primitive stage.
This would be remedied if Woods published his work. You can't fault these physicians for being in primitive stages while Woods unethically hides the procedure from everyone except those willing to pay him, can you? Any procedure can be published and learned. Woods does not have a magic wand. People can be trained, very easily.

frankc said:
And for everyones information Dr.Woods is now going to train doctors in this technique and help bring it to the United States.
Did he mention how much he charges?

frankc said:
As consumers I think the patient should come first.Anyway I am just here to share my experience and help otheres if I can.
If woods felt the consumer came first, he would not have hidden his procedure from the world for the last 3 years while all of us consumers continued to lose hair, live in desperation, and all of his colleagues begged him to publish his work.

Im sure he's a great guy, but he's not following the rules, and as a result, we cannot recommend him to our users.

HairLossTalk.com

kaka

Reaction score
Great post HairLossTalk.com. I prefer to be bald than going to rouges like Woods,Gho.
They dont have any moral values just they want is money. I pray God that
At some point of time in their lives these guys will suffer badly from an unknown
decease, at that time they realize what the blunder they have done.

frankc

Reaction score
TO ALL

Hey guys all I tried to do is inform people about this technique and show some 2 week post op pics and you guys slam the Doctor.Look he is now in the process of setting up a training facility in North America to train docs in this procedure.All other docs think they can just get the tool and start hacking away at your heads and it will be the Woods technique.Wrong takes skill and perscion.As for the other Fue docs that are now attempting this they are a bunch of the same guys that slamed him and called him a quack and said it could not be done.Now they all are changing there tune.Why don't you ask the great HAIR lIMMER if this can be done now.He was the one who was getting on these internet boards and slamming the technique but you don't see him doing this now brcause a lot of his collegues in the U.S are starting to experiment with FUE.Funny when I was down in Australia I read a personal hand written letter from Dr.Limmer stating that he recognized Dr.Woods as the originator of single follicular extraction.But never stated so in public.Give credit to Dr.Limmer for discovering follicular units in hair transplantation.Give credit to Dr.WOODS for his stripless hair transplant method.There is a lot a back stabing going on in this business so there will be all kinds of aqusations.There are other websites that give Doctor Woods credit and show wonderful results.And in the end that's all we want.As far as price let me end on this note.I paid a total of 7000 dollars for 8020 grafts from 3 small strip procedures.Which not even half grew.I paid 7700 dollars for 600 follicular transplanted grafts placed with 23 gauge needles that after veiwing the whole procedure I know will grow.Seen enough results up close to feel onfident and haven't heard 1 complaint anywhere on the internet about Woods work and final outcome.So yes I am happy with my descion and thought this would be a good place to share my wxperience.But I guess from the Hairlosstalk Administrators limited knowledge of the technique I guess I was wrong.mAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS GUYS PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: TO ALL

frankc said:
Look he is now in the process of setting up a training facility in North America to train docs in this procedure.
How much money is he charging for this training?

frankc said:
All other docs think they can just get the tool and start hacking away at your heads and it will be the Woods technique.Wrong takes skill and perscion.
As I stated above, if he would follow the rules of his profession and publish his work, anyone can learn the technique. That is part of the publishing process. Detailing how it is done.

frankc said:
As for the other Fue docs that are now attempting this they are a bunch of the same guys that slamed him and called him a quack and said it could not be done.
They slammed him because he is breaking the rules of his profession and violating the oath he took as a physician. Nothing more.

frankc said:
Now they all are changing there tune.
No they're not. They still slam him and do not respect him for the same reason mentioned above.

frankc said:
There are other websites that give Doctor Woods credit and show wonderful results.
Oh you mean like HairlossHelp? I was told just this week that they're not too happy with Woods professional choices either, and I do not see them heavily promoting him at all, but moreso the published physicians who are not only sharing their work and techniques, but also photographs of how its done. Everyone will support a published procedure.

frankc said:
mAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS GUYS PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!
There is no proof until Woods publishes his work (the pudding).

HairLossTalk.com

frankc

Reaction score
O.k.to answer HairLossTalk.com.Not anyone is going to be able to do this technique.Your reply's sound like the old docs that were doing the bashing.He is only going to train docs that have nothing more to do with strip in anyway.You don't just publish a paper and let docs just start hacking away.The smart consumeres will figure this out.Also they are very reputable docs now who are reckognizing that the Woods technique can be done.I am not talking about secret this and that.I am talking about them saying this kind of work can not be done.Docs like Feller.Cole,Jones,wolf,Bauman.....Whether they learn his technique or not.Woods has his guielines and the patients rights come first.That should be all that counts when getting surgery.If you would have seen the numbers of hacked up heads I saw when I was at the conference done by inferior techniques you would know what I mean.I also had 3 previous strip procedures and have the scars to prove it.I will get them repaired next year.But as far as I am concerned.My last answer is veiw some after patients of Dr.Woods and that is what I mean by The proof is in the pudding!That's the bottom line!You only have one head proceed with caution!