wont use finasteride... what should I start with?

viperfish

Reaction score
Actually, there are two separate studies to back up eucapil. One is a 9-month double-blind-placebo controlled test and the other is a 12-month double-blind-placebo controlled test. The key words here are "double-blind-placebo controlled test". This is the best way of evaluating whether a product really works. In both cases eucapil did very well! You have a better chance of obtaining results with eucapil then 99% of all other products out there at this point. Not many products have undergone this type of testing besides propecia, minoxidil, and spironolactone. Also take into account that many posters have seen benefit from using eucapil. I don't think this product should be considered "experimental". Revivogen, etc., are far more "experimental" than eucapil. :wink:

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm encouraging posts! think im going to try it if this propecia doesnt start to help my hair within the next month or 2

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Actually, there are two separate studies to back up eucapil. One is a 9-month double-blind-placebo controlled test and the other is a 12-month double-blind-placebo controlled test. The key words here are "double-blind-placebo controlled test". This is the best way of evaluating whether a product really works. In both cases eucapil did very well! You have a better chance of obtaining results with eucapil then 99% of all other products out there at this point. Not many products have undergone this type of testing besides propecia, minoxidil, and spironolactone. Also take into account that many posters have seen benefit from using eucapil. I don't think this product should be considered "experimental". Revivogen, etc., are far more "experimental" than eucapil. :wink:

Viper, if you ever dig up links to that other study (or its abstract), I'd love to see it. I'm familiar with just the one study that you can find on menspharma.com and here and there on the internet. I recall you mentioning another study, but I haven't seen the details on that one.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
hmm encouraging posts! think im going to try it if this propecia doesnt start to help my hair within the next month or 2

Yeah, honestly if I were taking Propecia, I'd still be looking for an excellent supplementary topical to help against scalp DHT (propecia doesn't come that close to blocking all scalp DHT), and I'd probably be cutting propecia into halves or quarters just to ensure safer long-term use (I'm overly cautious like that). From what I've read, you can get something like 80 - 90% effectiveness from Propecia just by quartering it. That's an awesome price/performance/safety ratio! Bryan has posted a study with precise numbers elsewhere on the board.

The best topicals I'm aware of are the strong, strong RU (available from only one source that I know of, really expensive, and something you have to prepare yourself), and Eucapil, which is reasonably priced and reasonably easy to obtain. So bottom line is, I'd be giving Eucapil a shot whether or not I was on Propecia.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
And because I think it's a great post for this thread

Funkster is one guy whose posts I've gone back and investigated for ideas and inspiration. He no longer posts, for reasons he mentions in the thread I'm linking.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

He started on duta for awhile but never had any intention of staying on a systemic regimen for fear of long-term safety.

Over the course of time, he developed a topical regimen that, while still relatively obscure by most people's standards (especially back when he was posting!), apparently stopped his hair loss dead in its tracks. And if you do deeper research about the products in his regimen (RU and Eucapil were probably the foundation to his regimen), it makes sense why he was able to accomplish this, lack of FDA approved studies or no.

He's an "experimental treatment" user's dream. =)

viperfish

Reaction score
BS,
The 12-month study was in 2003: By Seligson, et al. "Development of Fluridil, A topical Suppressor of the Androgen Receptor in Androgenetic Alopecia". Drug Development Research 59: 292-306. If I can get my hands on it I will post it. It is basically a summary of the findings of the 12 month study that took place at a University in the Czech Republic. I'll look for it.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
BS,
The 12-month study was in 2003: By Seligson, et al. "Development of Fluridil, A topical Suppressor of the Androgen Receptor in Androgenetic Alopecia". Drug Development Research 59: 292-306. If I can get my hands on it I will post it. It is basically a summary of the findings of the 12 month study that took place at a University in the Czech Republic. I'll look for it.

Viper, that's cool. That's definitely a different title from the study I'm familiar with. I'd love to see the details of it if you ever do happen to come across it.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bluesmiley said:
fallout boy said:

Yeah, honestly if I were taking Propecia, I'd still be looking for an excellent supplementary topical to help against scalp DHT (propecia doesn't come that close to blocking all scalp DHT), and I'd probably be cutting propecia into halves or quarters just to ensure safer long-term use (I'm overly cautious like that). From what I've read, you can get something like 80 - 90% effectiveness from Propecia just by quartering it. That's an awesome price/performance/safety ratio! Bryan has posted a study with precise numbers elsewhere on the board.

The best topicals I'm aware of are the strong, strong RU (available from only one source that I know of, really expensive, and something you have to prepare yourself), and Eucapil, which is reasonably priced and reasonably easy to obtain. So bottom line is, I'd be giving Eucapil a shot whether or not I was on Propecia.

thanks for the advice / info !! im seriously thinking of adding it to my regimen once i get a job and get enough cash :D

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
BS,

Viper, this appears to be the study you're talking about.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 6/ABSTRACT

You can get to the PDF from that page.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Well thought i would just add, i have gone through three boxes of eucapil and im pleased to say its working well, i havent counted the extra hairs on my head, but when i get out of the shower and my hair is wet it doesnt look thin at all! Im really happy with Eucapil, ive just ordered another three boxes. Just noticed the new ones have grape seed oils?

Andrew

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, here's an old thread but... any of you Eucapil users have anything to report? I have a 4 month box coming soon, but I'm curious to see how you guys held up.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Hi yeah i have been on Eucapil for about two years now (on and off) I have noticed good improvements but right now on the temples i only have baby hair but its quite thick in its growth so im hoping they will grow into full hairs and when they do ill have quite a bit of my hair back!

Its good stuff easy to apply but it seems that its taken a little while to see any improvements.

Andrew

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Demlotcrew, glad to hear of your success with Eucapil, as im about to start it aswell.

So have you been using only Eucapil to treat your hairloss?

And what type of results did you get exactly? maintenance, thickening,ect?

Thanks.

Jm0311

Reaction score
is this fluridil? is it just like a topical? im not going back through all the pages to find the answer...ahahahh. better than spironolactone cream?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Demlotcrew, you really give me hope (I'm using Eucapil 9 weeks, good results so far).

jm0311, yeah fluridil is the active chemical in Eucapil, and it's a topical.
It's more expensive than spironolactone, but at least it's not smelly, according to the published papers it supposes to be good, but as had been discussed here several times people want that it will be tested in an independent lab.
Effectivness compared to spironolactone? no one knows... that's another study we need...

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Well the first thing i noticed was the lack of hair in the bath or shower after i got out.

It took a really long time before i was seeing any other improvements and because of financial reasons i didnt apply eucapil for months at a time, but the last nine months i have been applying almost every day (some days ive not been home :D )

I know its working as i have lots of baby hairs and they are quite coarse plus when i get out the shower and out of bed in the morning i dont look like im loosing my hair (you know what i mean) so its a good confidence boost :D

It just takes time!

I also take hair nails and skin vitamins and cod liver oil. Nothing else.

Andrew

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
This is good news... I just got my 4month Eucapil box yesterday.

Tried last night for first time. The individual ampuole thing is bizarre. What is the purpose of that? Is this stuff really that degradable? Also, it definitely smells like isopropyl alcohol.

But, considering that finasteride is totally sucking away my energy and emotions, I'm going to give it a try (if I can maintain, I'll be happy enough):

New Regimen:

topical:
Eucapil,
Dr. Lee's finasteride+Retin-a
Folligen
nizoral (alternates)

internal:
fish oil
msm
vitamin c