Wondering..(minoxidil users plz reply)

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got a 4 mth supply of minoxidil (Ocean Rush scent) and I'm extremely nervous to actually start using it, I've been avoiding this for about 2 yrs now but my hairline and the area around it is starting to thin to the point where I can't take it anymore. Once I get the money saved up I'm just getting a hair transplant on the front area there but what I'm wondering is if ppl have actually had results and regrowth on the hairline why is Rogaine so adament about stating it's not for receeding hairlines, I know they haven't tested it but I'm sure ppl have let them know it works there. Have any of you who actually had results on the hairline with minoxidil had the kinda results to where your hair is back on the hairline just as it was before you lost it and the area is thicker and all that?Or have you just had a few lil hairs that never ended up amounting to anything?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I started Minoxidil in September 2005. It's given me my hairline back, although a bit thinner, it's getting very thick now.

The reason Rogaine only says that it works on the Crown is because it doesn't work as well on the hairline. It wasn't even tested on the hairline. BUT IT DOES work to some degree on the hairline.

Go ahead and try it out. Don't be nervous You can always end your treatment.

Goodluck!

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, best of luck to you as well.
How long do you wait until you wash your hair after u use it? They say like 4 hrs, is that how long you wait? I've had it on about an hour now and my hair in the front is like stiff now..I have longer hair,parted in the middle and it comes to the bottom of my ears actually I think the parting of my hair over the years has helped the recession of my hairline but having it like this also hides the fact that I'm receeding, it's the first time I used it tonight and alot of it got in my hair.
When you say it gave u ur hairline back, to what extent? Like, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being it's the same hairline you had in your teens(assuming u didnt have any hairline loss back then)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
About a 7.

I really like the stuff.

I'm sorry, what I mean to say is that, I wait 4 hours until I WASH IT OUT.

However, I usually shampoo in the morning, then about 10 minutes later, or until dry, I apply the minoxidil.

Because you're just starting out, let me give you a few tips.

Apply very little at first. It will itch pretty bad until you become used to it.

Maybe start out with one application per day until you are comfortable with it. Then twice daily.

Make sure you use a good anti-dandruff shampoo, because you'll get some nasty Kellog's Corn Flake-sized dandruff for a bit.

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm also using Nizoral. You replied to my post about the Tricomin I've never used it, that price is kinda scaring me away but how do you think it's helped you with the minoxidil? I;ve read it really only helps if u mix it with finasteride and minoxidil

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm not quite certain, but I would only use it if you have to. The price is kind of outrageous.

If you cannot afford spending $50/month on the extra Tricomin, then just go with the Minoxidil. You'll see better results with it, anyway.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't work on my temple areas. Been using it for about 18 months. If anything, it enlarged the hair follicles all over my face and I know have more active sebaceous glands all over. Think it's time to drop the minoxidil.

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
How bad are your temples receeding? Were they bad befre you started the minoxidil? Do you use them just on the temples or on your whole hairline?

The Gardener

Reaction score
If you DO want to add in an SOD to your regimen, and Tricomin is pricey, then perhaps you might want to Folligen instead?

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris23 said:
How bad are your temples receeding? Were they bad befre you started the minoxidil? Do you use them just on the temples or on your whole hairline?

Not bad, maybe 2-3 mm in the corners to form a "V" hairline. I used it just on the temple area since that's the only affected area, and started just when I first noticed the recession. I re-grew nothing but peach fuzz at best, and I now have peach fuzz all over my face and enlarged pores + oily skin. I have small dark hairs between my eyebrows now, and my nose hairs grow out of my nose if I don't trim them. All in all, I'd say minoxidil has been a very marginally effective product for me, as it seems ot be better at growing hair in all the wrong places.