Womens reactions

s.a.f

Reaction score
Something that was just posted on another topic has got me thinking. To all you guys who are married or in a relationship:

Do you hide your fears/concerns about your hairloss from your partner?

After all its not very masculine to be concerned about your appearance this much. Do women find this a sign of weakness/turnoff?
Its one thing to be taking propecia everyday or even having a huge regimine (topicals ect) but what about the guys out there using Toppic or Courve or even those who have gone for hair transplant's?

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
good post s.a.f because this is a topic that i too find very interesting. In my experience, most women say that they find men who use the medication or rugs or have transplants a turn off, and that it is better/more attractive to just accept it and shave it. HOWEVER, they then perfectly contradict themselves by rarely giving attention to these now balded men who have followed their advice instead focusing their attention usually on their hairier companions. There are of course several exceptions to the rule as has been ponited out in the related post that you mention: many bald men do get attention from women. But I just think that in general they say that its better that the man just shaves it but actually think it is better and prefers it if he has hair. Maybe women are so dumb that they dont realise they cant have it both ways....but i think to be honest its just another of those things that they have been brainwashed into saying without necessarily beleieving through political correctness and fear of being labelled shallow, much like the 'size doesnt matter' statement.

G

I wouldn´t mind telling her that I am treating my hairloss. Women also use tons of makeup so why shouldn´t I swallow some pills in order to have more hair?

In the end hair matters even though many women would deny it for PC reasons.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Something that was just posted on another topic has got me thinking. To all you guys who are married or in a relationship:

Do you hide your fears/concerns about your hairloss from your partner?

After all its not very masculine to be concerned about your appearance this much. Do women find this a sign of weakness/turnoff?
Its one thing to be taking propecia everyday or even having a huge regimine (topicals ect) but what about the guys out there using Toppic or Courve or even those who have gone for hair transplant's?

fortunately chicks aren't interesed in me, but I would deny to the death I had hair transplant. and don't know how I would handle future hairloss given I'll need more hair transplant in the future assuming I can have BHT or multiplication.... I think they would be totally turned off by the idea I've done something about it. it also means bad genes. Probably viewed worse by them than being less than 6' tall

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I wouldn´t mind telling her that I am treating my hairloss. Women also use tons of makeup so why shouldn´t I swallow some pills in order to have more hair?

because women are very insecure, and woman have zero self esteem and anything that reminds them of themselves (insecurity) is a total turnoff. that's why they like dominating alpha males.

G

recboi said:
Taugenichts said:

because women are very insecure, and woman have zero self esteem and anything that reminds them of themselves (insecurity) is a total turnoff. that's why they like dominating alpha males.

This would explain why I am still a virgin with all my inferiority complexes..... :x

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
recboi said:
Taugenichts said:

This would explain why I am still a virgin with all my inferiority complexes..... :x

HOly crap. Do you use other message boards?

G

I am occasionally posting on a German board, but I don´t think you are reading it.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I am occasionally posting on a German board, but I don´t think you are reading it.

oh okay... you have a lot in common with a german guy I see on a US board. err. do you live ina basement by any chance?

G

I am not sure what you mean with basement, so I guess I am not living in one.

CCS

Reaction score
Even if we get a perfect hair transplant, or HM, I'm sure the knowledge that we have bad genes will turn some women off. We can still get good looking women, but not as good as if they did not know.

Women like guys who look good. But if a woman likes a guy, and tells him, and he tries to fix his appearance, she thinks she is not good enough, and that he is trying to do better than her. A lot of fat women say they would not date me because I care too much about appearance, as if I'd want to date them. The better looking women congratulate me for having the common sense to do something about it. But if I bring up the topic that they reject guys who look bad, they change their tone, and say they are not attracted to people with cosmet surgery. They also put down other women who had it.

If an average looking woman wants a tall guy or a guy with muscles, but can't get one, she will think she has a chance wth one who is bald. So she will tell you to let yourself go bald. But of course she'd prefer a guy with hair. And if she ever loses weight or clears up her face, she'll get who she wants.

So look your best, and don't tell women about your bad genes. Just show them the muscle you earned. But don't tell them you need 5 hours a day to keep it, or they will predict you can't maintain it. They like guys who naturally look like that because they guy will always look that way even if he is lazy. So tell her you workout 30 minutes every day. That shows self discipline, but also says you can easily maintain it.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, we're kinda damned if we do and damned if we don't. I know and see balding guys who have gfs. I can't imagine they preferring bald guys, but there's something about the guys they like. Maybe they're rich? I dunno. Maybe the woman cares for their personality? I don't know. But I do know that like most men want women to be in shape, most women would prefer guys to have hair. And there's always someone out there who makes as much money as you, has a decent personality, is otherwise just like you, but has more hair......

You will hear women say all the time that they find some bald guys to be sexy. Like Patrick Steward, Sean Connery, etc. But if you look closely, they find them sexy because they are celebrities. If they were nobodies, those same women wouldn't give them the time of day.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS, When you change your appearance be it with a hair transplant, rhinoplasty etc or even just switching your glasses to contact lenses the old you is soon forgotten about and people will take you for how you look after you have changed your appearance. It happens all the time there are supermodels who were considered ugly in school but but nobody would turn them down now. You could meet a stunning girl and after 6months together find out that she used to be fat, or had a big nose and had rhinoplasty or maybe she's cant see a thing without her contact lenses, are you going to dump her then?

Recboi, dead right if Connery, and Patrick Steward were working in a ordinary job no women would take any notice, but if Brad Pitt had an ordinary job he could still pull many hot women, although not famous actresses.

A lot of sexual attraction happens on a subconscious level.

The fact is some guys are just geneticly blessed and will always have an advantage with women in that they dont have to try hard.

IBM

Reaction score
I think a human wants another human that turns him on. For example if i see a pretty slim women with a very nice rounding butt, long hair and nice tits with her jeans very tight then of course i want her because she turns me on.

Hagar64

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know how old you are (I guess you are all pretty young) but do you really think the fact whether a man is bald or not, is so important to a woman?
Honestly, I am a woman and 've never found it very important. I've had bald bfs and less bald bfs but I don't think about their hair or the lack of it when I think of them. Maybe it's because my dad has been bald for as long as I can remember but I really don't give a damn about it.

What matters in the looks of a man for me (and I'm sure a lot of women will agree with this): nice face = nice eyes, line of the face, sexy lips. And way more important than the presence of hair on the head: his body. A normal, slightly athletic build is preferred. Slim is fine but it should not be too bony. And being too heavy and chubby is THE turn-off. A man should be a bit "sharp".

So quit your stereotypical thinking about women not wanting bald men. I really don't think it matters to most women.

And you should also be prepared to reverse your thinking... How do you feel about having a gf who is balding? Would you still love her, or would you leave her? I think that if you want a woman to accept you without hair, you should be prepared to accept that some women lose hair.
And I can tell you that it is a lot worse for a women to lose her hair because a bald man is "normal", a bald woman not. Still I intend to accept my hairloss and not make a tragedy of it. Despite being single and in my 40ies. I am not prepared to let go of my dream to meet a partner some day and it will be a man who accepts me with my hairloss.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, this kind of puts it into perspective.
But you'll never stop the guys on here from feeling self conscious about their hairloss. Maybe we are overestimating how much it matters to a woman but I still know that most would see it as a negative thing in a mans appearance.
Hopefully we can all find someone despite our hairloss.

G

recboi said:
Taugenichts said:

just stop with the generalizations, again, rec.

there are plenty of insecure guys. "women are very insecure", lol.