Woh...This was unexpected

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think people here are gonna have a good laugh reading this. I think it does make me look like an idiot. I would have as well started with Propecia if shed was gonna happen.

Fearing the side effects of Propecia, i got on IH's top 3. I just wanted to be on something before I garner enough strength to get on propecia. Now after 40 days on this, I am experiencing a crazy shedding. All of a sudden my pillow is filled wit hair in the morning, losing lot more hair in the shower, while shampooing and combing my hair. I did not expect this on his regime.

Please NOTE: I am not making any comments on his regimen. I am not saying it works neither I aint saying it does not. Neither I want any discussion on that.

My questions is:

1. Any ides why is there an increased shedding.

2. I am mostly shedding very thick good hair, but one interesting thing I have observed is that none of these hairs have that white bulb at the end. (Yes I am obsessed, On weekends I check each and every hair that falls off ) ? Does this mean anything ? Is this hair loss normal.
what does it mean to lose so much thick hair without bulb ends in it ? I am asking this coz I read some of the postings that stated losing hair with those white bulbs at the end is a sign that the hair will come back.

Thanks

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
bulb or no bulb, white bulbs, black bulbs, whatever... it makes no difference to whether or not the hair will come back. From the sound of it, you're experiencing a shed which is typical with all effective hairloss regimens. I admire you for going your own route on things without jumping straight on the scarier drugs, but you are taking a risk, as I'm sure you know. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, however.