Wnt-10b Maintains Cultured Hair Follicle Gene Expression

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Desmond84's thoughts on this:

According to the latest study published on April 1st, WNT-10b maintains DP gene expressions for hair induction for up to 10 passages!!! That is better than the Chinese that was reported several weeks ago. This is what Aaron Gardiner was working on but gave up and switched to cancer research.

Guys, the Japs are all over this!!! It's amazing Here's the link to the paper:

http://link.springer.com/protocol/10.1007/7651_2016_319

Maintenance of Dermal Papilla Cells by Wnt-10b In Vitro
BY Yukiteru Ouji, Masahide Yoshikawa

Let's hope the Japanese speed ahead with this discovery and blow people's expectations right out of the park

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anybody can do it, it's the Japanese! They were doing genetics for quite a long time. Remember the Wooly Mammoth?

They will probably take it farther than most people.
This is literally the exact news I was waiting for. I think we will definitely have a cure in the next 7 years, maybe less. It'll probably only be in Japan but that's the least of my worries.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is literally the exact news I was waiting for. I think we will definitely have a cure in the next 7 years, maybe less. It'll probably only be in Japan but that's the least of my worries.

I'd rather visit Japan than any country in North America anyway, lol.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some doubts about this. They've known that Wnt-10b is involved in hair growth for a decade or more. I find it very difficult to believe that someone is only just now trying to mix hair cells with wnt-10b to see what happens.

I know the words "Dr. Nigam" are a dirty word in hair loss circles but I'm 100% certain that he tried putting hair cells in a petri dish with wnt-10b (and other wnts as well) and he only had marginal success and only in some cases.

And I know people are going to scream "Dr. Nigam this and Dr. Nigam that" but loo,k Wnt-10b has been commercially available for years and it was available when he was doing his "experiments" and he knew the
significance of Wnt-10b in connection with hair growth
and it was legal for him to do these experiments in India at the time, so I believe he did try it and his results were unimpressive.

How hard can it be to put some cells into a petri dish and add some Wnt-10 to the petri dish? Not very hard at all. I'm sure Nigam would have tried this and I would be very surprised if others haven't tried it as well.

Nigam is a fraud, the guy had no clue what he was doing. Even a basic hair transplant he couldn't perform right and implanted follicles UPSIDE DOWN where patients had in-grown hairs.

/mic drop

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nigam is a fraud, the guy had no clue what he was doing. Even a basic hair transplant he couldn't perform right and implanted follicles UPSIDE DOWN where patients had in-grown hairs.

/mic drop
LOL how do you f*ck up that bad?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea but even he could put some hair cells into a petri-dish and add some Wnt-10b without screwing that up. A 5-year old kid could do that.
It's a little more complicated than you're making it sound. I imagine it's also contingent upon the expansion technique.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't follow this too closely because I am an a*shole, but what's with Kane's 6-bio WNT agonist? Is it just useless garbage?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have some doubts about this. They've known that Wnt-10b is involved in hair growth for a decade or more. I find it very difficult to believe that someone is only just now trying to mix hair cells with wnt-10b to see what happens.

I know the words "Dr. Nigam" are a dirty word in hair loss circles but I'm 100% certain that he tried putting hair cells in a petri dish with wnt-10b (and other wnts as well) and he only had marginal success and only in some cases.

And I know people are going to scream "Dr. Nigam this and Dr. Nigam that" but look Wnt-10b has been commercially available for years and it was available when Nigam was doing his "experiments" and he knew the
significance of Wnt-10b in connection with hair growth
and it was legal for him to do these experiments in India at the time, so I believe he would have tried it and his results were not breakthrough results.

How hard can it be to put some cells into a petri dish and add some Wnt-10 to the petri dish? Not very hard at all. I'm sure Nigam would have tried this and I would imagine that others have tried it as well. I can't believe that we're
all thinking it's a big deal that someone just put hair cells and Wnt-10b into a petri dish together as if it's never happened before.
Why you don’t email them and ask specific questions?

I am not good in english.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference between this and Samumed's potential treatment? Both affect the wnt pathway - how is this different, and if it's not significantly, why are we talking about Japan when they could potentially move into Phase III in the US?
This involves the process of extracting dp cells from the donor zone and multiplying them. In this case, wnt-10b is just used to make sure the cells being replicated are identical. The cells will then be injected into the scalp where they will grow hair all over your head. Samumed just involves ingesting a drug that supposedly activates the wntpathway somehow. This is a much better prospect than Samumed.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right and that is something I thought of too. SM04554 activates Wnt expression including Wnt-10b so if this latest news is to be believed than SM04554 should make ALL of our dead and dying hairs strong and big again but obviously that doesn't happen. I'm not real high on this latest news about Wnt-10b.
Samumed doesn't use Wnt-10b. They never specify and just say they act on the Wnt pathway. I believe there is a significant difference. Why do you keep trying to prove a distinguished lab wrong? Just accept the good news man.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't follow this too closely because I am an a*shole, but what's with Kane's 6-bio WNT agonist? Is it just useless garbage?

someone please answer my question. you know way more about this than me. thank you.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
someone please answer my question. you know way more about this than me. thank you.
Essentially. This process described in the OP strictly involves replicating cells and maintaining their genetic expression with the Wnt-10b.

Reaction score
I looked up Wnt-10b and their are already studies showing that Wnt-10b allows follicles to keep their hair growth inducing effects. Not sure if this is new news among hair researchers.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked up Wnt-10b and their are already studies showing that Wnt-10b allows follicles to keep their hair growth inducing effects. Not sure if this is new news among hair researchers.
Can you link the studies? This study was published on April 1st.

Reaction score
Yeah I was wrong. I shouldn't have said that stuff since I just found out the follicles they used in the past studies were mice follicles in vitro and not human ones. Since it's been found out that Wnt-10b allows dermal papilla cells to grow follicles or keep the hair growth ability, then what's the next step?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was wrong. I shouldn't have said that stuff since I just found out the follicles they used in the past studies were mice follicles in vitro and not human ones. Since it's been found out that Wnt-10b allows dermal papilla cells to grow follicles or keep the hair growth ability, then what's the next step?
As far as I know, this was the main problem the scientists were facing. The next step is human application after they work out some smaller kinks. This would entail preclinical studies and then full on clinical trials. It probably just depends on funding at this point. We already know Tsuji has funding so this is pretty awesome if he can apply it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Essentially. This process described in the OP strictly involves replicating cells and maintaining their genetic expression with the Wnt-10b.

Got it... so applying some sort of compound that theoretically agonizes WNT is not going to do anything?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it... so applying some sort of compound that theoretically agonizes WNT is not going to do anything?
Samumed saw a 10% increase in terminal hair over a three month period with their molecule that acts on the Wnt pathway. However, this is minuscule compared to what the Japanese are doing.