With what to apply coloring conditioner to longer hair?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
A fine teeth comb gets stuck often and pulls hair. Is there perhaps a softer way to do it? How do you apply coloring conditioner to longer hair? Thank you!

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A fine teeth comb gets stuck often and pulls hair. Is there perhaps a softer way to do it? How do you apply coloring conditioner to longer hair? Thank you!
Have you got the system pinned to a mannequin head? Take the hair in sections and gently comb it starting from the ends working up to the roots, not the other way around.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you got the system pinned to a mannequin head? Take the hair in sections and gently comb it starting from the ends working up to the roots, not the other way around.
Why would you suggest going against the cuticle direction? That is a recipe for a rat's nest.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you suggest going against the cuticle direction? That is a recipe for a rat's nest.
It's wouldn't be going against the cuticle. What I mean is, don't just go straight in at the root and try to comb the hair all the way down the shaft in one go. If the hair is tugging/catching then start by combing out the ends first and then gradually work up as the hair untangles, combing down in the direction of the cuticle at all times.

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always you a brush to comb it through. Maybe it more effecient to use a fine tooth comb even on a full cap?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always you a brush to comb it through. Maybe it more effecient to use a fine tooth comb even on a full cap?
It's wouldn't be going against the cuticle. What I mean is, don't just go straight in at the root and try to comb the hair all the way down the shaft in one go. If the hair is tugging/catching then start by combing out the ends first and then gradually work up as the hair untangles, combing down in the direction of the cuticle at all times.
It certainly would, as you suggested "working from the end, up to the root."

I understand now that you're meaning the opposite of what you wrote. But, I'm sure you can see the confusion caused by this statement.

I enjoy reading his comments but my assumption, based on many of them, would be that the hair is unclean and unkempt, which is causing this issue.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No, I wear it on my own head.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
So you put it on the brush or you put it on the hair with your fingers or palm and then brush around? THanks!