Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have performed quite some research already. Are top-tier imo. They just need funding AFAIK to engage into clinical trials. Hopefully they will do that ASAP. Would be great to have them into the game.

So now he was BS'ing. Okay man! Well it's pretty professional to say something like that!

KO1, please how many times did I destroy you on other forums in discussions :rolleyes:...

If anyone doesn't know much and is of superficial thinking regarding Androgenetic Alopecia it's certainly you. Don't argue otherwise. You don't go much further than "b-catenin" and "pgd2". Inbeforethecure just schooled you terribly hard about minoxidil a while ago also. Another #fact.

Now keep on dreaming about Hillary Clinton and keep reading CNN. You were so SURE, damn... Dailymail articles are as far as you go.

(Gotta say you are knowledgeable about hair transplant's though, I'll certainly give you that.)

side bar but
To be fair even Donald Trump was surprised he won.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The mainstream will never have sympathy for balding men. It's not going to happen. If thousands of young men were openly committing suicide over it every year it still wouldn't help.

We should be trying to raise awareness that decent treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia would also restore thinning hair on millions of women. THEN the mainstream will attack this problem with a vengeance.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The mainstream will never have sympathy for balding men. It's not going to happen. If thousands of young men were openly committing suicide over it every year it still wouldn't help.

We should be trying to raise awareness that decent treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia would also restore thinning hair on millions of women. THEN the mainstream will attack this problem with a vengeance.

they don't care look at all the women and children that have alopecia Areata...

no one cares.

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm a young female and I've been losing my hair for nearly 10 years and, trust me, just like you guys we don't get a lot of empathy from people either.
I've heard things like "just get a wig and move on", "you have less hair than my grandma, is there something wrong?" and "wow, it makes you look like you're sick".
When I was in High School, I would become the biggest joke every time the subject was hair.

The truth is people see it as a vanity and not something that can affect you psychologically.
People probably know it bothers me but they have no idea it's bad to the point I get suicidal sometimes. And I avoid telling them that because I know I'm gonna hear the same f*cking "there are people in worse situations, be grateful for the things you have" and all that blablabla.

I think people will only take our suffering seriously once we have cured all the life threatening and other cosmetic diseases. Then they won't be able to say there are people in a worse situation than ours lol

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a young female and I've been losing my hair for nearly 10 years and, trust me, just like you guys we don't get a lot of empathy from people either.
I've heard things like "just get a wig and move on", "you have less hair than my grandma, is there something wrong?" and "wow, it makes you look like you're sick".
When I was in High School, I would become the biggest joke every time the subject was hair.

The truth is people see it as a vanity and not something that can affect you psychologically.
People probably know it bothers me but they have no idea it's bad to the point I get suicidal sometimes. And I avoid telling them that because I know I'm gonna hear the same f*cking "there are people in worse situations, be grateful for the things you have" and all that blablabla.

I think people will only take our suffering seriously once we have cured all the life threatening and other cosmetic diseases. Then they won't be able to say there are people in a worse situation than ours lol

sh*t. I wanna hug you. How can people say that? f*****g ignorant assholes.

I honestly prefer a balding wife so I am not "the accepted one". And if there is a cure, we both go fullheads again. How f*****g great would that be!

Also people who suffer from any kind of disease or cosmetic issue have way more empathy. Mostly way more human being.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw one mention of Brotzu in this thread and it was immediately laughed off. Why is that? Is it because there are no trial results yet?

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw one mention of Brotzu in this thread and it was immediately laughed off. Why is that? Is it because there are no trial results yet?
Bingo!
Of course, that is why every mention of Brotzu lotion gets laughed off.
Pazienza, signori e signore.
Dobbiamo essere pazienti!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your story is among the most tragic I think I've read here. :(

I wish I could agree with this last part, though; I think that when the day comes where baldness is a curable condition, bald(ing) people will be looked down on even more.

My eyesight got bad when I was in highschool and I had to sit up front if I had any hope of seeing anything. My b**ch of an English teacher ripped into me about it everyday. Other kids made fun of me for it and she'd shake her head and laugh at me saying "It's such an easy fix!" Yeah, maybe for her, making six figures a year in her job and being married to a wealthy oil tycoon at the time. My family did not have enough money for prescription glasses, but that didn't matter.

When baldness similarly becomes an "easy fix" those who either can't afford or simply don't want the treatment will be viewed as lazy, disgusting, etc.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When baldness similarly becomes an "easy fix" those who either can't afford or simply don't want the treatment will be viewed as lazy, disgusting, etc.
They already are subconciously.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I wish I could agree with this last part, though; I think that when the day comes where baldness is a curable condition, bald(ing) people will be looked down on even more.

My eyesight got bad when I was in highschool and I had to sit up front if I had any hope of seeing anything. My b**ch of an English teacher ripped into me about it everyday. Other kids made fun of me for it and she'd shake her head and laugh at me saying "It's such an easy fix!" Yeah, maybe for her, making six figures a year in her job and being married to a wealthy oil tycoon at the time. My family did not have enough money for prescription glasses, but that didn't matter.

hell of a thought, man
but first give me the FIX then i will think about what other's have to say
but first give me the cure, that's all.

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t. I wanna hug you. How can people say that? f*****g ignorant assholes.

I honestly prefer a balding wife so I am not "the accepted one". And if there is a cure, we both go fullheads again. How f*****g great would that be!

Also people who suffer from any kind of disease or cosmetic issue have way more empathy. Mostly way more human being.

Thank you!
I wouldn't care if my boyfriend went bald either. I mean, I do care more about the inside but we live in a very mean world and most people don't think like us.
To me it's not even about being the prettiest girl or anything like that, but it's about being accepted and feeling comfortable about myself. That's why I want my hair back. I know this day will come soon though. :) Good luck for us xx

Wow, I'm sorry about what you've been through as well. ;( What an unprofessional teacher. They have no idea.
That brings me memories of the awful times I have also been through, especially at school. I once was asked by one of my teachers how my chemotherapy was going lol Supposedly this was one of the rumours going around.

I've always had a very very bad eyesight as well but luckily I have always used glasses or contacts so I would avoid sitting at the front and letting everyone constantly see my (lack of) hair lol
It's "funny" how we have to completely change our lifestyles and routines because of this illness. I never feel comfortable when sitting if someone is standing up close to me. Something that would never be a problem to (almost) anyone. They can't even imagine.
I try to avoid making people notice cause I don't wanna hear their mean comments and feel terrible for the rest of the week.

And yeah, I guess you're right, baldness is always going to be a joke for most people, unfortunately. :( The world is so mean.

Let's make sure we save our money for the upcoming treatments or Tsuji's cure, so we are not gonna be in the "lazy and disgusting" group of people.

Sorry for my bad English, btw xx <3

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yeah, I guess you're right, baldness is always going to be a joke for most people, unfortunately. :( The world is so mean.

It's one of the most important lessons you learn with hairloss: Most people are assholes.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's one of the most important lessons you learn with hairloss: Most people are assholes.

That's one thing you learn. Secondly it's empathy. Doesn't need to be hairloss. If you see a guy with acne, most people would think: "Urgh, how gross why doesn't he get rid of it? Lazy McUglyface".. But if you suffer yourself, you see things way differently. For me thats the only upside comming along with hairloss.

I never judged people from looks tho, but the brain always plays its own game.

If hairloss gets cured don't be assholes! Enjoy your life with hair but think and behave like if you'd still suffer from it. Okey? OKEY? Lets make this world a better place.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I used to have an acne problem. And the moment it stopped five years ago hairloss kicked in (so I must be lucky as f*** :D).
Anyways you hear a lot of: "why doesn't he wash his face" , or: "it is not that bad". Well to me it was horrific it kills your confidence as f***.
However there are treatments for that. Now I would rather have acne instead of losing my hair 'cos you can manage acne. However I can't manage my hair loss.

Honestly it has been so long hoping to get my hair back that even if someone were to offer it to me tomorrow I still wouldn't realize it.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I used to have an acne problem. And the moment it stopped five years ago hairloss kicked in (so I must be lucky as f*** :D).
Anyways you hear a lot of: "why doesn't he wash his face" , or: "it is not that bad". Well to me it was horrific it kills your confidence as f***.
However there are treatments for that. Now I would rather have acne instead of losing my hair 'cos you can manage acne. However I can't manage my hair loss.

Honestly it has been so long hoping to get my hair back that even if someone were to offer it to me tomorrow I still wouldn't realize it.
Well, at the age of 22 I lost a lot of weight and I swear, a few weeks later acne and hairloss set in.....:(

abcdefg

Reaction score
So really this year nothing new comes out assuming the brotzu hype dies out and it ends up not working. Just news and some updates on a few things.
Guess thats how male pattern baldness generally goes

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So really this year nothing new comes out assuming the brotzu hype dies out and it ends up not working. Just news and some updates on a few things.
Guess thats how male pattern baldness generally goes
two words - have patience
the one thing i have learned through Hairloss is PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE.
ppl are making fun of u but u never reply back or start a fight, i rather ignore them.( they never know or try to realize whats going on inside and they never will)
in the worst case scenario i had to ask them "what's their problem if i am going bald?"
Hair loss was an eye opening incident in my life.
It's like playing the GAME so called LIFE on the hard level