Wish me luck. (pics)

DEH23

Reaction score
The "real sufferers of the disease" would probably be the ones who did nothing about it early as they should have. I'm trying to do something about it before it gets out of hand. So in an effort to be an a**h**, Mikey, I'll go out on a limb and make an assumption, you are someone who waited entirely too long to start your fight against hairloss and are probably pissed off at yourself for it. There is no need to be a dickhead about it, I'm a nice guy and hope everyone here finds a way to be happy regardless of the amount of hair they have. I could give two shits how much hair someone has as long as they are a good person. There are so many other things in life that are more important than hair, I just figured I have a chance to save it, may as well try it. Mikey, a piece of advice, rid of your "f*** the world because the world is f*****g you" attitude, it won't get you anywhere.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
lol shut your face you ignoramous, im coping just fine with my hair thanks, the moderators could confirm this is the first time ive been to the forums in a few weeks. (lalala yea dont come back lalalala)

Could it not enter your measly little brain that posting pictures like yours would be offensive to those who actually have a real problem. Like Tynan said, its like the dude with a splinter asking to see the doctor before the patient with cancer. Take your damn propecia if you want and i wish you all the luck in preventing male pattern baldness, but dont go posting pictures of a full head of hair in a place such as this, its pointless and pathetic.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mikey, stop being a pussy.

Anyways, I don't think it's how many hairs you're losing but where you're losing them.

DEH23> I wish you the best.

oni

Reaction score
If the guy wants to take the drug let him. I just want to see the pics in 3 months time when he starts a shed lol!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
DEH23 said:
When I shower I'm losing hair, when I run my hands through my hair, I lose hair. I know I probably have good hair compared to many of you, but I just don't want it to get out of hand. The recession will not stop and it has been happening pretty fast here in the last few months.
Hi DEH... welcome to the forums.

1. In the fall months most guys start to shed hair. Its the first step in the process of hair regenerating itself to come in thicker for the winter months. The whole "keep the body warmer" thing for the cold weather. Shedding is the first step in the process of regrowth. This very well may be what you're seeing.

2. It should die down in a couple months at the very most. If it does not, and you still consistently see hair all over your pillow, all over your sink, all over your hands in the shower, etc ... then you very well may be starting male pattern baldness. This happened to me when I still had a very thick head of hair, and it is because I did something about it that I have kept most of my hairline for nearly 6 years.

3. The advice given by guys to hold off on Propecia until you are undoubtedly sure you're losing your hair due to male pattern baldness is good advice. It is a hormonal modulator and you want to just chill on it until you really need it.

4. Despite what the photos show, and what the guys say, you are the only person who really knows what is going on. The first indication of male pattern baldness is that everyone around you tells you that you're NOT losing your hair, when you know you are. Conversely, the minds eye can do all kinds of things to screw with you, so be level headed and see if the shedding dies down over time. If it does, you were probably just dealing with a seasonal shed which happens even with guys NOT losing their hair.

5. The concept of a mature hairline is also a real one. A huge portion of guys who NEVER lose their hair, all go through the temple recession thing in the mid to late 20's. Its a second change of life men go through which also includes slowing metabolism and increased body hair or weight. Each guy is different, but its normal. This may never progress.

6. If you really want to do something, start using Nizoral shampoo once every 3 days. This will give you a bit of an antiandrogen kick in a topical sense, and also hold off the preliminary stages of male pattern baldness which almost always include inflammation, itching, and tingling. These are the big signs of hormone changes in your scalp that will result in hair loss. Not every guy has this, but I truly believe if you can stop this process with Nizoral (just a theory) then you can really really REALLY slow down or halt the process for awhile. Assuming you're a brand new thinner.

Good luck and remember - keep a level head and a logical, methodical view on things. This is what separates us from our beautiful fairer gender :)

HairLossTalk.com

Wanker

Reaction score
Its quite clear that Mikey is bitter about his condition and chooses to take out his jealous rage on those better off than him. HairLossTalk.com said it right, about the part of male pattern baldness is that others say your not losing. DEH23, Don't listen to Mikey, he just wants you to ignore your problem so you get as bad as he's gotten, he thinks that will make him feel better! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mikey - but you're being a total wanker here! Who are you to judge! My hair and hairline was excactly like that (maybe even slightly less receeding) when I started finasteride 9 months ago and my hair has thinned out dramatically since (mostly because of sheds but I suspect that the male pattern baldness is also getting fired up). My point is: if he knows he knows!

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
DEH23-

I'm 18 years old losing hair like crazy. Let me tell you....anyone who has told you on this website that you are crazy for thinking that you are losing hair and to f*** yourself, needs to be disregarded. Judging by your picture, at this point, you and only you know if youre losing hair or not. When I was 17, my hair line was incredible....my hair was more dense than anyone I know! About 5 months ago (after about 6 or 7 months of hair loss), my hair line looked just like yours. It looked full to others, but VERY thin to me. Since then, my hair has become extremely thin, although others still don't seem to believe I am losing hair. I have been on Propecia for 7 months, and have seen no results. With my shitty luck, I am probably in that 10% that Propecia doesn't work for (Im dirty blonde, by the way).

My advice to you is to see a dermatologist, if you have not done that yet. If he/she says you have male pattern baldness, use Propecia, if you can afford it. If it works for you, you will be happier down the line.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to anyone who tells you you're not loosing you hair. You know your hair the best. I thought I noticed I was loosing my hair, and I kept asking my family and friends. They all said I was just imagining things, or that I had a bad haircut. I was foolish enough to believe them. It took me 6 months to finally convince someone (and myself I suppose) that I was loosing my hair. I subsequently started treatment, but I doubt I'll ever regrow what I lost.

G

DEH23 said:
Well I'm 24 and took my first propecia pill a few minutes ago. I'm nervous about doing this because of the shedding stories I hear, I'm already self-conscious about my hair. I try to look at the brightside, I have a beautiful wife who could careless about my hair. I hope I caught this relatively early so I can do some good for my hair. I'll be taking a pill a day and getting some T-gel which I will use 3 times weekly. Well wish me luck everyone. Any thing I should know or anyone have any input?quote]

Wow, good luck. You're so brave.

SoulPatch

Reaction score
DEH23

Don't listen to the negative posts. A lot of them are bitter. But can you blame them? Hair loss can be depressing. As you know, men don't wake up one morning suddenly bald. It is a slow process that begins with hairline recession. Looking at your temples, I would say you're somewhere around a Norwood 2, maybe 3. Perhaps it's just a mature hairline. Take a look at the older men in your family. Are they going bald? Is so, then you may be as well. It's much easier to do something about it now then to play catch-up later.

BTW, I have been using propecia with minoxidil for five years with no side effects. Yes, I have had bad sheds. They always occur in the summer and I grow it back in the winter. I am maintaining with this regimen.

Good luck!

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
hey DEH23 yeah it seems as if you're only problem is a slight recession of your temples.. the rest seem to be VERY thick :) good luck!

Deaner

Reaction score
Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! A NW2?! Are you JOKING?! Notice how his hairline comes to a pretty tight point in the corners? It's not very rounded and, well, balding looking? If he's a NW2, then the traditional NW7 is really the equivalent of NW22 on your Norwood scale. I must be aBOUT a Norwood 6 on your scale. Give it up, that's a solid, thick, mature hairline.

By the way, DEH23, don't mind the bitterness in these posts. I wish you all the luck in the world on maintaining your thick, sans-hairloss head of hair.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your male pattern baldness is my dream hair. I would suggest you get your but down to a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy to test chemically for male pattern baldness.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
gonna_win said:
Your male pattern baldness is my dream hair. I would suggest you get your but down to a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy to test chemically for male pattern baldness.
Please read this article on the legitimacy of such biopsies:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article83.htm

Aside from these innacurate ones, there are no diagnostic tests for male pattern baldness.

HairLossTalk.com

wino

Reaction score
:shock:

I would f*** a really fat, really ugly woman every day for a year for that hairline. Just take 0.25 or 0.5mg of finasteride and you should maintain everything. You don't need regrowth. You will save money and minimize any sides.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, not to scare you or anything but i hadd a similar hairline to yours before i started propecia about 5 months ago. no joke. now, my hairline is visibly worse, M shape is forming...crown is thinning. But these results might not have anything to do with propecia. My male pattern baldness could just be progressing. Or, positively thinking, maybe everything will grow back thicker. Anyway, i also use Nizoral 2-3 times week, and i added xandrox 15% at night to my hairline and crown (dont know what this is gonna do, but ill try it). Good Luck.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hairline is also getting worse since I started finasteride. I too hope it is just shedding and not male pattern baldness progression. How can you tell???