Wish me luck. (pics)

DEH23

Reaction score
Well I'm 24 and took my first propecia pill a few minutes ago. I'm nervous about doing this because of the shedding stories I hear, I'm already self-conscious about my hair. I try to look at the brightside, I have a beautiful wife who could careless about my hair. I hope I caught this relatively early so I can do some good for my hair. I'll be taking a pill a day and getting some T-gel which I will use 3 times weekly. Well wish me luck everyone. Any thing I should know or anyone have any input?

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

Reaction score
I tried propecia for a week and then had sex with the wife and decided it wasnt for me. Scared the sh*t out of me. There is a guy who is on his 12th month of propecia and swears by it. Everyone is different.

How old are you? thanks for the pics

brucergoldberg

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
man.. you're definitely not going bald! hahaha.. you can even take 0.5mg of propecia, or less, to maintain it.. who knows.. you got every hair man.. you want to see someone getting bald? looks at my pics!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
DEH23,
What kind of hairloss are you experiencing? I can only asssume it's the hairline since those are the pictures you've provided. From the picture I can't see any signs of male pattern baldness. That has to be the strongest hairline I've ever seen here. Is it possible that you may just be experiencing the old "mature hairline"? It's quite common at your age and doesn't mean you have male pattern baldness(male patern baldness).

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, that's what my hairline looks like. well you've not shown the spot in back, but maybe I should take some pics.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would say he doesn't have male pattern baldness, his hair line looks like mine

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a diffuser, but at least i know now my hairline was better than I thought based on these comments.

My side hair is about twice as thick as my sides and back.

*grumble*

Damned diffused fine blonde hair!!

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he is defo not defuse thinner, hes jut receding from sides which can be prevented.

G

One of these men has Hair loss, one has none
can you guess which one it is ?

spot.jpg

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
I am a diffuser, but at least i know now my hairline was better than I thought based on these comments.

My side hair is about twice as thick as my sides and back.

*grumble*

Damned diffused fine blonde hair!!

Amen, brother! Us fine-blonde-hair-dudes got it the worst. At least these naturally-thick-dark-haired-dudes can hide it a little better.

I also spoke with a pharmacist that told me in college his class did a study that showed minoxidil didn't work as well on guys with light-colored hair. He did mention that minoxidil DID regrow hair in the front though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

DEH23> It looks like you only have very slight recession of the temples. It's a good thing you are choosing to do something about it early. You stand a much better chance of success.

DEH23

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the positive feedback. The problem is, is that I've watched my hair go more and more. I've watched my hairline recede more and more, and now the front of my hair is starting to recede/thin out. I just don't see it stopping because I've watched it get worse and worse. Once I noticed the front start to recede/thin out I decided it was time to do something about it.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of advice for you.

Get off Propecia.

Why do you need it for a hairline like that? You're not losing your hair dude, at worst you're developing a mature hairline.

Your temples *might* be a little suspect, but they're not thinning or anything, just moving backwards.

Don't screw around with your body using a drug you don't need just yet (if ever).

I've been doing the same thing lol, and I think that after my current 3-month prescription I'll pack it in.

G

Rawbbie said:
I have a bit of advice for you.

Get off Propecia.

Why do you need it for a hairline like that? You're not losing your hair dude, at worst you're developing a mature hairline.

Your temples *might* be a little suspect, but they're not thinning or anything, just moving backwards.

Don't screw around with your body using a drug you don't need just yet (if ever).

I've been doing the same thing lol, and I think that after my current 3-month prescription I'll pack it in.

yup, rawbbies right here, that is not hair loss, maybe a mature hairline?

kinda like the guy with a splinter pushing his way past the cancer patients to get to the doctor.

spot.jpg

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
One of these men has Hair loss, one has none
can you guess which one it is ?

spot.jpg

Tynan, quit trying to be silly here, it is obvious which one of these two men is suffering from hairloss....why do you constantly talk to us like we are blithering idiots? You are notorious for your sarcastic and degrading comments to your fellow posters here...

I mean anyone with a pair of eyes and an iq of over 5 can see that its the second man pulling his hair back is balding like mad!

why would you ask such an assenine and easy question like this?

DEH23

Reaction score
When I shower I'm losing hair, when I run my hands through my hair, I lose hair. I know I probably have good hair compared to many of you, but I just don't want it to get out of hand. The recession will not stop and it has been happening pretty fast here in the last few months.

G

DEH23 said:
When I shower I'm losing hair, when I run my hands through my hair, I lose hair. I know I probably have good hair compared to many of you, but I just don't want it to get out of hand. The recession will not stop and it has been happening pretty fast here in the last few months.

people on average lose 150 hairs a day and that's without male pattern baldness.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
why do you constantly talk to us like we are blithering idiots?

Cause the guy who posted these pictures is a friggin moron. Hes either the most paranoid person in the world or hes fuckin blind. If your gonna go to the trouble of posting pictures then at least post some which actually show some kind of hairloss............idiot.

Yea you may all say im the idiot for replying like this to a guy who is concerned about hairsloss, but f*** it. Idiots thats post pictures like this only lead me to assume that they are trying to piss off the real sufferers of this disease. Go count your blessings, a**h**

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
In an effort to keep things positive, I have people repeatedly tell me I'm not losing my hair. But the best judge is always yourself and getting on Propecia early is the smartest thing you can do because you have the chance to stop the hairloss before anyone but yourself can tell.

He knows if he's losing hair or not and it's a good choice on his part to start preventing it while it looks like he has a nice head of hair.

Good luck man!