Wish me GOOD LUCK!!!

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair transplant has benn arranged (about 2 weeks from now). It will be basically temple recovering + a few grafts on the top. About 1000 grafts total (Strip). I am a NW2.5 now. I will go about Nw1.5. You may have doubts about the efficience of 1000 grafts but the doctor showed me some real good examples and he has a very good reputation. Not to mention that I will pay 6000$ for that, which is wuite expensive though.
I do not want to think about things going wrong right now (and they wont go like that). Anyway,... wish me good luck guys (I will soon post my experience).. :oops: :oops:

G

Falceros, just to clarify, I'm not the one getting the hair transplant. Thylax is.

G

Thylax sounds like some kind of robotic name. Like that robot from Mortal Kombat 3, CYRAX!

Cyrax Thorax Xylax Thylax.

ETERNAL HOPE

Reaction score
thylax said:
My hair transplant has benn arranged (about 2 weeks from now). It will be basically temple recovering + a few grafts on the top. About 1000 grafts total (Strip). I am a NW2.5 now. I will go about Nw1.5. You may have doubts about the efficience of 1000 grafts but the doctor showed me some real good examples and he has a very good reputation. Not to mention that I will pay 6000$ for that, which is wuite expensive though.
:

Thylax,
1000 grafts may not necessarily lower your Norwood level one full classification. If this were the case traditionally, a NW6 should receive full restoration with 6000 total grafts which is basically unfounded. It may be in your best interests to have additional grafts placed in order to defer going back for return visits anytime soon.
Good Luck and all the best!

G

ETERNAL HOPE said:
thylax said:
:

Thylax,
1000 grafts may not necessarily lower your Norwood level one full classification. If this were the case traditionally, a NW6 should receive full restoration with 6000 total grafts which is basically unfounded. It may be in your best interests to have additional grafts placed in order to defer going back for return visits anytime soon.
Good Luck and all the best!

Wouldn't that be a NW6 should receive full restoration with 5000? Because NW1 is a full head of hair, and that's a difference of 5 Norwood classes. I think the problem with this is I think that the difference between an NW2 and an NW1 is much smaller than the difference between an NW2 and NW3, or an NW3 and NW4.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Falceros said:
1. How old are you?
2. Are you on any medication to prevent further hairloss? I'd get on Propecia right away if you are not...otherwise you'll be chasing your hairloss with more and more surgeries. I always recommend to people to be on Propecia or Proscar (1/4 pill) daily for at least a year before considering surgery.
3. $6/graft is pretty expensive. Who is your doctor?

You may want to rethink your strategy a bit if you aren't taking medication already...however, if you are already completely determined....I do wish you good luck.

Falc
25, I take minoxidil which has stopped my hair loss, I will post soon on the third

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
thylax, good luck to you. i think 1000 should be fine and if it doesn't turn out the way you want it, you can always ad to it. 1000 grafts which will probably produce 2 or 3 hairs per follicular unit. do you know how many square centimmeters will be covered with your new grafts? anyway, good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress and just remember that it's a slow process so be patient.