Wish I started earlier

VWdude

Reaction score
Alright, I am kicking myself in the *** for not starting my regimen early. Right now my scalp is very healthy and so is my hair; getting thicker and growing. But, at the same time male pattern baldness has already taken its toll. Now, if i were to start earlier 18-19 and not be in denial, I honestly think I would have the same amount of hair I used to have in that age bracket.

at the same time, my regimen is working!

there's some good news for ya. Pics coming soon.

Daytrader

Reaction score
I think most people here had a denial stage. Some shorter than others but few went straight to a doctor within the same week or month they found out they were losing hair. After a brief denial period myself I am going to a Derm this week to get on proscar/propecia. I think to myself I should have been on it by now but I think the shock is so much for many of us we shut down mentally for awhile before we take action. It was like I wasn't even thinking about it for awhile then whammy it hit me like a brick wall. I have to do something NOW.

Glad things are going well for you. How long did it take propecia to see results?

VWdude

Reaction score
My denial stage lasted for almost 3 years, if not a bit more... dammnit I could have been way better off. BUT, i'm hoping to see amazing results.

misterium

Reaction score
I'm with you man.. however I noticed my thinning crown/vertex about 1 1/2 years ago and hopped onto my regimen asap.

Things are going good.. and my regimen is similiar to yours...

Good luck and wish me the same.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish i started earlier as well but i didn't even know i was losing my hair until recently when my scalp got really bad.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I started at 18 as soon as i realised hair loss. Bad side is i went on propecia till 19.5 things kept geting worse. Now im on dutasteride things are changing at a slow pace (i think they are, maybe not). Now im nearly 21, m aybe my hair could have been worse if i didnt start early, maybe not.... dont kick your self guys, look on the bright side your doing something about it now and its working...

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My problem was not denial but a complete lack of information available on the internet and the derm docs as well were clueless to a decent regimen back in 97' when I still had a chance of recovering a decent amount. The Doctor I had seen told me to just deal with it then charged me 50$ for asking him! :evil: