Wish I never took finasteride

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Straight to the point, I was on saw palmetto for a year which I believe to be a weak finasteride substitute, went on finasteride for 5 months, quit and have had the joy of gaining mild gyno and loss of libido from that spell, I was on 0.25mg every THREE DAYS, my libido is ok but it's not the same as it was, whenever I try to get back on saw palmetto I completely crash. I'm 20 years old.

Any suggestions similar to saw for something to take, or opinions on this reg in general?

Right now my reg is
zinc 30mg daily
cetirizine & water daily
nizoral 3x week
biotin (not sure on dose, but is solely for hair appearance)
Staying healthy & fit

Receding hairline btw, nw2.

Thanks

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Do u have before after pics of gyno? Did you first experience discomfort in your chest area?

Don't really want to put them on but yes definite pain in chest area and my nipples puffed up, it's liveable with but I won't be going swimming/to the beach anytime soon.

Lukas73

Reaction score
Straight to the point, I was on saw palmetto for a year which I believe to be a weak finasteride substitute, went on finasteride for 5 months, quit and have had the joy of gaining mild gyno and loss of libido from that spell, I was on 0.25mg every THREE DAYS, my libido is ok but it's not the same as it was, whenever I try to get back on saw palmetto I completely crash. I'm 20 years old.

Any suggestions similar to saw for something to take, or opinions on this reg in general?

Right now my reg is
zinc 30mg daily
cetirizine & water daily
nizoral 3x week
biotin (not sure on dose, but is solely for hair appearance)
Staying healthy & fit

Receding hairline btw, nw2.

Thanks

Try adding silica and also amino acids L-methionin, L-cystin. It won't do anything in terms of stopping male pattern baldness, but it will probably help with the appearance of hair. Definitely get on minoxidil. Also a good book on these hair loss supplements is a "Hair loss for dummies" by Dr. Rassmann and Dr. Bernstein, its really unbiased and basically tells you what they can and can't do, unlike the stuff you read on the net.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Try adding silica and also amino acids L-methionin, L-cystin. It won't do anything in terms of stopping male pattern baldness, but it will probably help with the appearance of hair. Definitely get on minoxidil. Also a good book on these hair loss supplements is a "Hair loss for dummies" by Dr. Rassmann and Dr. Bernstein, its really unbiased and basically tells you what they can and can't do, unlike the stuff you read on the net.

Brilliant, will check that out thanks. Getting back on minoxidil now as well, stopped it because it swelled my face up but I guess thats a necessary sacrifice now.

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
Is there any obvious change in your breast tissue or is it minor? Did it effect both or just one side?

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any obvious change in your breast tissue or is it minor? Did it effect both or just one side?

Both sides mate, theres a wide, hard lump under each of them which I noticed growing a few weeks after starting finasteride. I'd urge everybody starting finasteride to watch out for pain in the chest area because gyno, as it's proven in my case, seems very, very hard to get rid of once it's set in.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
"0.25mg every THREE DAYS"

You used 1/12th of the normal dose and had those side-effects?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
This will sound implausible to most, but get off the cetirizine - a common side effect of antihistamine's is low libido. I remember I went limp from applying cet/water to my head. Get off and you should see at least a minor improvement in libido.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I'm fairly confident that it's literally impossible to get gyno by taking LESS THAN THE RECOMMENDED DOSE.

Christ.... 3/4ths of ONE PILL is not going to give you gyno.

hadini77

Reaction score
I'm fairly confident that it's literally impossible to get gyno by taking LESS THAN THE RECOMMENDED DOSE.

Christ.... 3/4ths of ONE PILL is not going to give you gyno.

Why would he lie about it? Not like it's funny...

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Maybe he has Gyno, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's freaking out over nothing and he doesn't have it. Maybe he has it, but it's completely unrelated to finasteride.

That's all I was saying. I never said he lied.

abcdefg

Reaction score
You could get gyno from less then the normal amount. Look at the dosage chart low amounts still inhibit a lot of DHT it could easily happen

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would he lie about it? Not like it's funny...

Thank you...

At the end of the day I can cope with it but my nipples are definitely puffier and more pronounced, bit of a coincidence that it coincided with when I took finasteride, I guess some are sensitive to it...

abcdefg

Reaction score
How can anyone be dumb enough to think they coincidentally got gyno after starting finasteride? Of course its the finasteride your lowering your most potent male hormone that has evidence it can cause gyno it makes sense your spiking estrogen and lowering DHT. 3/4 a pill lowers a whole lot of DHT still its barely different then taking 1mg. You could take .25mg and still easily get gyno. Well gyno is not that common but just depends on the person.