Wirey, Frizzy, Kinked and dry hair

steve89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been shedding hair for quite some time now, since it started my hair went from thick really healthy hair too Wirey, Frizzy, Kinked and Dry. Is this common for shedding hair? Or is this something that may not actually be male pattern baldness

It is really getting me down now, I need to get to the bottom of this,

Any advice would seriously be appreciated,

Steve

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going through the exact same thing. I was shedding throughout 2014, and my hair over the course of last year went from thick, wavy, and godly to wirey and curly/kinky as hell. It does also tend to get dry without product. I'm on minoxidil/Keto/finasteride right now. I think one of the ways I'll know they're working (well, the Finasteride at least) is if my hair becomes wavy and manageable again. My sense is the hair is wirey and dry because the DHT is beating the **** out of it. Once that is controlled, it will be able to grow back to it's former glory.

steve89

Reaction score
I am going through the exact same thing. I was shedding throughout 2014, and my hair over the course of last year went from thick, wavy, and godly to wirey and curly/kinky as hell. It does also tend to get dry without product. I'm on minoxidil/Keto/finasteride right now. I think one of the ways I'll know they're working (well, the Finasteride at least) is if my hair becomes wavy and manageable again. My sense is the hair is wirey and dry because the DHT is beating the **** out of it. Once that is controlled, it will be able to grow back to it's former glory.

Ahhh sorry to hear that you are going through something similar. I am currently taking finasteride, have been for around one month now, along with nizoral, not really seen much change to be honest. Its growing ok, just poor quality

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Could be the nizoral if you're using it too often. Nizoral is a harsh shampoo.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahhh sorry to hear that you are going through something similar. I am currently taking finasteride, have been for around one month now, along with nizoral, not really seen much change to be honest. Its growing ok, just poor quality

I would use Minoxidil as well to recover some of what was shed. I've been on finasteride less than a month. However 1 month is not enough time at all to tell if it's being effective. The drug could be doing WONDERS for you and you'd have no idea until around 1 year. What I'm doing is taking tons of pictures for comparison purposes, then I'll make the judgement call at around Christmas this year.

steve89

Reaction score
This all happened before the Nizoral, so I know its not that.

How do you use Minoxidil? I read on the instructions online you just put it in the area you are losing hair, i am shedding all over?