Winlevi is now available in the USA

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A google search reveals that pharmacies are selling it https://www.americaspharmacy.com/drug/winlevi and also my dermatologist confirmed this. Tubes are 60g 1% cream (0.60 g CB) The price without insurance is roughly $600 / tube, or $1000 / g CB. Good news is my insurance covers it for acne usage, and I was quoted at $35 / tube, or $58.30 / g CB. This is just my insurance, YMMV. I'll ask my derm about compounding opportunities for different vehicles.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
A google search reveals that pharmacies are selling it https://www.americaspharmacy.com/drug/winlevi and also my dermatologist confirmed this. Tubes are 60g 1% cream (0.60 g CB) The price without insurance is roughly $600 / tube, or $1000 / g CB. Good news is my insurance covers it for acne usage, and I was quoted at $35 / tube, or $58.30 / g CB. This is just my insurance, YMMV. I'll ask my derm about compounding opportunities for different vehicles.
$600 a tube....or 35$ with insurance. How fucked is the USA?

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
$600 a tube....or 35$ with insurance. How fucked is the USA?
No one actually pays list price. It's just where the pharma company wants to "start negotiating" the price downwards from.

Read up on list price vs net price as it pertains directly to pharma, before you get into some false outrage. This concept of drug price negotiations (and a starting "list price" before negotiations/discounts/rebates) applies to both the US and Europe.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one actually pays list price. It's just where the pharma company wants to "start negotiating" the price downwards from.

Read up on list price vs net price as it pertains directly to pharma, before you get into some false outrage. This concept of drug price negotiations (and a starting "list price" before negotiations/discounts/rebates) applies to both the US and Europe.
I don't live in the USA, I'm just reacting to information passed on by someone who seemingly does. It's not false outrage for me to be told something and react to it.

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't live in the USA, I'm just reacting to information passed on by someone who seemingly does. It's not false outrage for me to be told something and react to it.
This concept of drug price negotiations (and a starting "list price" before negotiations/discounts/rebates) applies to both the US and Europe.

No one pays the list price. No government, no insurance company, no American, no European...

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zolgensma, which has a reported list price of £1.79 million per dose and is labelled the most expensive drug in the world, will be available to patients at a price that is fair to taxpayers after a landmark confidential deal struck by NHS England.
From NHS link above^^

The pharma company sets the list price, then everyone (governments, insurance companies, etc.) negotiates that down to the real price.

Basic pharma concept in both Europe and the US....

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonder how much cassiopeia will price Breezula when it hits the market. I’m guessing for americans they can get it on their insurance? Or would it technically being classed as a cosmeceutical cause issues?

Like here in the UK Breezula has zero chance of being covered by the NHS so surely this would force Cassiopeia to compete with Regaine on pricing, my guess is it’ll be about £40-60 per month, any higher and it would surely fail.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long is this $600 tube supposed to last?

I note that oral minoxidil is essentially free by "drinking topical minoxidil, and the Loniten tabs are fairly inexpensive too. Estrogel for an 80 gram tube runs about $25 dollars and well, everyone tends to differ in how much they use but, yeah it was getting pricey at a usage rate of one tube per week. I am certain that it works far better for hair than winlevi for people using HRT who are "just in it for the hair" but it also goes systemic and hitting adult female target levels are probably necessary for it to regrow significant hair. It might be an excellent DHT fighter at the scalp level.

Estrogen in my estimation is the number one hair treatment when used on the scalp, then come the anti-androgens spironolactone, cyproterone acetate and bicalutamide, with the first two being dirt cheap and the third being pricey. But they are also feminizing. Next comes either finasteride/dutasteride or oral minoxidil. I get my duta covered by insurance, then comes Keto and then come the ones like RU and CB.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't thinnk so, but I saw an article stating they found somebody who will help them bring it to market. Didn't read to much but I expect it should be there in 6 months maybe.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like raws can be extracted from creams. I don't think compounding pharmacies will have access to the API (not confirmed, I'll ask my derm), but they do sometimes work from existing products (e.g. open capsules or crush tablets).

https://chromforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=9120
How long is this $600 tube supposed to last?

I note that oral minoxidil is essentially free by "drinking topical minoxidil, and the Loniten tabs are fairly inexpensive too. Estrogel for an 80 gram tube runs about $25 dollars and well, everyone tends to differ in how much they use but, yeah it was getting pricey at a usage rate of one tube per week. I am certain that it works far better for hair than winlevi for people using HRT who are "just in it for the hair" but it also goes systemic and hitting adult female target levels are probably necessary for it to regrow significant hair. It might be an excellent DHT fighter at the scalp level.

Estrogen in my estimation is the number one hair treatment when used on the scalp, then come the anti-androgens spironolactone, cyproterone acetate and bicalutamide, with the first two being dirt cheap and the third being pricey. But they are also feminizing. Next comes either finasteride/dutasteride or oral minoxidil. I get my duta covered by insurance, then comes Keto and then come the ones like RU and CB.
Do you undestand that most people here are not transgeder wanna be, right ? So estradiol is not an option for 99 % ( or more ) of the people who read this forum .