Willing To Try/pay Anything!! Please Help

Real red

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so male pattern baldness is definitely in my family, my brother was almost completely done by my age (I’m 34), so even though I never noticed any shedding but have always had a high hairline (nw2) since I was a child, I decided to start on minoxidil(topical) feb 2016. This worked really well for about a year or so and my hair was in great shape (fuller, thicker, etc.) Then around March 2017 I started to notice a lot of shedding so under advice I decided to up the anti and added finasteride (3mg per week) within a couple of weeks the shedding had completely stopped, so I thought that’s it, I’ve found the miracle cure. All was good for about 15 months until the shedding came back with a bang!! Since around August this year I’ve increased the dosage to 1mg per day whilst still using minoxidil all the while. The shedding shows no signs of stopping though, I dread the shower, and am half afraid to even touch my head as this results in a handful of hairs. I have ordered some Dutasteride but I am unsure weather or not to try it, heard bad this on these forums. I’m pretty sure that when I first started finasteride on a 3mg per week dose it didn’t take this long (4 months) to kick in as it is taking on full dose (1mg week). Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated, I’m literally pulling my hair out with worry ( that’s a joke btw)

Real red

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so male pattern baldness is definitely in my family, my brother was almost completely done by my age (I’m 34), so even though I never noticed any shedding but have always had a high hairline (nw2) since I was a child, I decided to start on minoxidil(topical) feb 2016. This worked really well for about a year or so and my hair was in great shape (fuller, thicker, etc.) Then around March 2017 I started to notice a lot of shedding so under advice I decided to up the anti and added finasteride (3mg per week) within a couple of weeks the shedding had completely stopped, so I thought that’s it, I’ve found the miracle cure. All was good for about 15 months until the shedding came back with a bang!! Since around August this year I’ve increased the dosage to 1mg per day whilst still using minoxidil all the while. The shedding shows no signs of stopping though, I dread the shower, and am half afraid to even touch my head as this results in a handful of hairs. I have ordered some Dutasteride but I am unsure weather or not to try it, heard bad this on these forums. I’m pretty sure that when I first started finasteride on a 3mg per week dose it didn’t take this long (4 months) to kick in as it is taking on full dose (1mg week). Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated, I’m literally pulling my hair out with worry ( that’s a joke btw)

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add microneedling to your regime. That plus minoxidil had done miracles to some people.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks jonnygo, I will look into it. Have you had any personal experience with that?
I’ve only been rolling for 2 months and I’ve had no results so far as my hairline has receded even more. But I’m a bad example and I’m not using minoxidil. My hair loss is just too aggressive.