Willem07's Story

willem07

Reaction score
Hey all, good to see the forum still alive and most members still kicking!

Been almost 2 years since I started on the Big 3, which only lasted 2 months! I'm 27 years old and first noticed my hairloss pattern starting around age 21, in the same pattern as my father's exactly. My uncle has a full head of hair so that old line wasn't true for me! At 25 I began research and (thankfully) wound up on this forum. After 2 months on the big 3 I was seeing immediate results. Unfortunately, I was seeing results in my behavior as well. My energy levels had dropped dramatically and my libido was lowered as well. I was trying to get into shape at the time and made a clear decision to do that over maintaining/growing my hair. I continued the Nizoral, Fish Oil, Flax Seed, and continued eating very healthy (this was all hairloss inspired!)

16 lbs of muscle and -10% body fat later I'm taking another go at it. That means Proscar split into 6 (0.83MG), Nizoral Shampoo, and minoxidil daily.

This is me 2 months into the Big 3 - April 2008. Hair was stabilizing and coming back!
zac_061.jpg

This is me taken today, November 1 2010. Hair is much worse, but probably could have been going more aggressively had I done nothing to change my diet (at least I'd like to think!)
zac_062.jpg

Time will tell if there's still hope for my hairline, and if I can weather the sides this time around. Good luck to everyone else and don't overlook improving other parts of your life!

hweiror

Reaction score
thanks for the post. Please update in the future. I am in a similar stage (barely better), started rogaine 7 weeks ago. will start propecia later when I'm comfortable, just sacred about the side effect.