Will you have children?

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this. Should people with issues like us be having children and passing those problems on? I admit I would love to have kids, but it seems kind of cruel not to give a child every advantage possible in life. Maybe it would be more responsible to adopt or use a sperm donor...

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol @ posts 1 & 3.

It's hairloss not AIDS.

a) You could have a girl.
b) The way it's passed on is unpredictable, you could have 4 boys all with perfect hair later in life.
c) It could be cured in 20-25 years, the earliest really a balding kid of yours may need to worry.
d) Even if you have a balding son, it may not bother him that much. There are millions of people who's hairloss bothers them so little they wouldn't even consider changing their shampoo, let alone trying medication.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin, have you "produced" kids while on finasteride? Are they completely healthy?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oh its a shame CCS and Taug are'nt here to answer this one. :hump:

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Shma said:
Cassin, have you "produced" kids while on finasteride? Are they completely healthy?

I know this was directed at Cassin but I figured I would add my input as well.

I have produced children on finasteride and yes they are fine, all 3 of them.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
lol @ posts 1 & 3.

It's hairloss not AIDS.

a) You could have a girl.
b) The way it's passed on is unpredictable, you could have 4 boys all with perfect hair later in life.
c) It could be cured in 20-25 years, the earliest really a balding kid of yours may need to worry.
d) Even if you have a balding son, it may not bother him that much. There are millions of people who's hairloss bothers them so little they wouldn't even consider changing their shampoo, let alone trying medication.

a) The girl would still carry the balding genes, so her children will likely have some sort of hair loss.
b) It's definitely not unpredictable, The balding gene can skip generations, but it is more than likely that your kid is still going to have hairloss at some point in time.
c) This is the only thing that gives me hope.
d) I wouldn't count on it. Our culture keeps getting more shallow and appearance-driven by the day.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm baffled at how posts like this keep popping up on here, and even defended by some members.

Seriously people, if the world was as shallow as some of you guys seem to believe, surely no-one would be obese / buy "budget" clothes / be seen dead in Wal*Mart or Lidl etc.

Yet, obesity is increasing every time there is a new report, the demand for "value" clothing is ever growing, and "cheapo-mart" grocery stores are popping up on every corner.

The fact is most people are not that shallow, in fact, most people don't give a damn about anyone else except themselves and will happily wear "flea-market" fake burberry and £5 Argos gold chains.

Really? People *really* care about what people like this think?

/sigh

cuebald

Reaction score
I can see my kids sitting on the future HairLossTalk.com in 20 years time telling folks "don't worry, HM will be here in 5 years time"

Nene

Reaction score
I could never forgive myself if I had sons and gave them this curse.

Cassin

Reaction score
I don't have kids but I know people on finasteride who have had them and they are just fine. If it stopped people from having kids it would be banned already

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I don't have kids but I know people on finasteride who have had them and they are just fine. If it stopped people from having kids it would be banned already
I could swear I remember reading a post of you in which you mentioned having a perfectly healthy kid..

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Well then your memory is off.
Sorry, I hope you won't ban me for remembering wrong. :whistle:

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want kids from other reasons, nothing to do with passing the hair loss gene farther. I just don't see a point in having kids and a family, I would much rather live life for myself but I wouldn't understand someone who gives up his dream about having kids only because he is bald. It's not AIDS and some people are bald and it suits them and they accept it, others go on meds and slow/stop their hairloss for 10+ years and then they are happy too.

And to the bottom line, even if you'll have a child in 9 months and a day, he'll be 20 in 2031 and HM is coming soon anyway, and even if not there'll be a topical DHT blocker just like RU58841 in the market soon..