Will you ever be the same person you used to be?

barcafan

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
barcafan said:
probably not. i went from Norwood 0 to nw2 in within half a year at 16 years old. after that up until about 20-21 that was all i was thinking about / freaking over. this all happened along with moving to a new city and highschool for my latter years, it was stressfull and a huge b**ch. makes me wonder what kind of toll it had on me
i literally lold

hi short people forum, i feel so inferior to everyone at my height . . . . im only 5 ft 8 people . . . . idk what to do im 1.5 inches shorter than the american average . . . . its killing me inside

dude u have got to be trolling lol

what? ok you're 16 years old and you see a ton of hair disappear (literally clumps of it in the shower), with your barber bluntly telling you that you're going bald. Yeah i can see how that wouldn't f*** you up as a young teenage kid that doesn't even have his identity figured out yet.

eat sh*t you c***

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate how most barbers seem to react to it. Mine (a middle-aged woman) also just bluntly stated that "you're thinning here on top, we can't cut very short here". I was like wtf, can't be happening, my heart started to race etc. It's a great thing to hear when you're 23...

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I remember those times when my hair was full. It was an amazing time. I really wish they'd invent a time machine to go back into the past. Having hair loss at 17 sucks really, especially if never really appreciated you hair to begin with :sobbing:. Also the majority of my hair went in like 3 months, it really does suck. :(

B

Beingbaldsucks

I AM AWESOME said:
Man, I remember those times when my hair was full. It was an amazing time. I really wish they'd invent a time machine to go back into the past. Having hair loss at 17 sucks really, especially if never really appreciated you hair to begin with :sobbing:. Also the majority of my hair went in like 3 months, it really does suck. :(
I wish I had a good childhood so I could go back to something in my mind, but I had a dark childhood with pimples all over my face, bullying at school, shitty parents and no money. I was rejected from 0 and I will be rejected all my life

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There is definately an identity shift that happens once you cross the threshold into actual baldness. Your perception of yourself and others perception of you will forever be tainted.

barcafan

Reaction score
holy sh*t, a non depressing dudemon post (with a light at the end of the tunnel undertone).

i think were making some progress here

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah but that's only after 15+ years of this sh*t.

as i said before, we are fucked if we have hairloss, totally fucked

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing that really makes me mad is seeing all these 50+ yr old men with a full head of hair with zero appreciation for it. Shitty haircuts, dirty hair, etc. Exactly like my father, whose hairloss became noticeable when he was like 55. And now he's doing a combover to hide his receeded and thinning top. He just thought it wouldn't concern him and bam, at an old age it begins and for some reason he can't even sympathize me one bit! Once he tried to "comfort" me by saying "But I'm going bald too, it sucks". I was like, try going bald in your 20's instead of your 50's!

B

Beingbaldsucks

ghg said:
The thing that really makes me mad is seeing all these 50+ yr old men with a full head of hair with zero appreciation for it. Shitty haircuts, dirty hair, etc. Exactly like my father, whose hairloss became noticeable when he was like 55. And now he's doing a combover to hide his receeded and thinning top. He just thought it wouldn't concern him and bam, at an old age it begins and for some reason he can't even sympathize me one bit! Once he tried to "comfort" me by saying "But I'm going bald too, it sucks". I was like, try going bald in your 20's instead of your 50's!
Yhea like all those homeless people, Charles Manson had a full hair all his life (mostly jail life) only now in his 70 he became bald

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes its strange seeing homeless people in their 50s with NW1 hairlines, its like f*** THIS WORLD.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
yes its strange seeing homeless people in their 50s with NW1 hairlines, its like f*ck THIS WORLD.

Why is it strange? Is it strange to see a homeless guy with ginger hair or a 5'3" homeless guy or a 6'5" homeless guy?

People need to understand that this is just a physical trait.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
becuase homeless men dont need to worry how hairloss would affect his social life because he has bigger issues.

being ginger or tall or short is sort of a normal thing, hairloss turns us into crap, dudemons wife left him due to hairloss, this is an example of how hairloss affects our lives, but if someone was homeless and went bald in 20s, it woulnd't really matter, because he doesnt really have these social problems.

B

Beingbaldsucks

I'm now trying to re-invent myself with elegant clothes instead of the childish crap, I grow a french beard, I'm skinny so I buy only tight clothes, I used to wear clothes that were bigger on me and looked weird, I'm now working out to build some muscles cuz I'm so thin in my hands, the whole me was changed I'm taking things more seriously acting like a gentelman to the ladies, yep I needed to change myself, now that I'm going to be "that bald guy"

slipy

Reaction score
ghg said:
The thing that really makes me mad is seeing all these 50+ yr old men with a full head of hair with zero appreciation for it. Shitty haircuts, dirty hair, etc.

i couldn't care less what they do with their hair, but their very existance annoy's the f*** out of me. i notice them all the time now. i never had a good hairline to begin with but before miniaturization i'd never compare my hairline to that of some old man. i just didn't notice that many old men have better hairlines than i had in my childhood.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:

Haha I totally agree. Everytime I see a guy like George Clooney, who you know has never lost a hair in his freakin life...I'm like..Jesus Christ..I wonder what that is like. Lucky mother f****r.

I really can't take it when I see a guy whos in his 60s or 70s with a perfect f*****g hairline..i'm like HOW THE f*** IS THAT POSSIBLE?!? IM 25 AND THAT 65 YEAR OLD HAS BETTER HAIR THAN ME!! haha

If i could have just made it to like 35 or 40 and THEN started losing hair I think I'd be OK with it. At least at that age its expected. When you're 18-25, losing your hair, none of your friends are, and you see people 10+ years older than you with no sign of hair loss its just like ..what the f***..why me. Especially when you're like me and come from a family who doesn't have anyone with severe hairloss (my dad is 50 and has begun to recede and thin out a bit in the past few years but..at my age he had a ridiculous head of hair). To top it all off I feel like I've just started to grow into my looks and would look really great now that I can pull off a more mature hair cut and style and its like..as my looks go up, they're being equally dragged down by my hair. Frustrating...

Ya know what REALLY gets me though...the guys that complain about getting grey hair or feel self conscious about it. Jesus christ..at 25 years old..if i could get all my hair back under the condition that it would be grey..i would take it in a fuckin second. I would happily walk around with a perfect grey hairline at 25

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Either way, you have to "re-invent" yourself. So the short answer to your question, "Will you ever be the same person you used to be?" is "no."

But, you can do as I said above and begin a whole new life, in a new direction, and become a whole new and improved version of yourself. But, I must warn you, this may not come easy! You should not expect results overnight. I have been working on re-inventing myself for close to a decade now, and I am STILL NOT "new and improved."

It takes time ... a lot of time, patience, perserverence, and persistence. Just keep believing in yourself, and success will eventually come.

Could not agree more :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Baldilox

Reaction score
:shakehead: You don't have to re-invent yourself, at all.

Baldness isn't a choice, I know it all too well myself. But baldness is a choice in how you react to it is.

People have bad things happen to them constantly....aesthetically, and otherwise. It's how you respond to it. Most important thing is to simply respond, decisively, make your peace, and move on.

There's underlying, more powerful issues at play than the balding, for those who allow themselves to suffer so much from experiencing male pattern baldness, and allow it to be such a bad thing. :gay:

When I started to lose my hair in my 30's it hurt at first, but women really don't care about it nearly as much as you do. What they would care about is whether you man up about it.

Some women will "discriminate" against it...guess what, almost all those who do would discriminate for a million other reasons, too.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Baldilox said:

Baldness isn't a choice, I know it all too well myself. But baldness is a choice in how you react to it is.

People have bad things happen to them constantly....aesthetically, and otherwise. It's how you respond to it. Most important thing is to simply respond, decisively, make your peace, and move on.

There's underlying, more powerful issues at play than the balding, for those who allow themselves to suffer so much from experiencing male pattern baldness, and allow it to be such a bad thing. :gay:

When I started to lose my hair in my 30's it hurt at first, but women really don't care about it nearly as much as you do. What they would care about is whether you man up about it.

Some women will "discriminate" against it...guess what, almost all those who do would discriminate for a million other reasons, too.

How old are you?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Baldilox said:

Although I agree with most of what you said, imagine if things would have seemed different for you losing it in your late teens/early 20's.