Will We Ever Witness Cure To Baldness In Our Lifetime??

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness sucks at any age bt hurts more when its at age of 20.Losing hair slowly slowy even after duta.Present treatements can at max give u maintainence.When will any new treatement arrive?? that can give better results than big 3??

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness sucks at any age bt hurts more when its at age of 20.Losing hair slowly slowy even after duta.Present treatements can at max give u maintainence.When will any new treatement arrive?? that can give better results than big 3??
A new treatment will likely come in your lifetime. However, we cannot know if it will work for everyone.

The remedy that will most probably work for everyone is hair multiplication. The timeline for that, however, is more unreliable, given the the difficulties inherent to the technique.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will hair multiplication give good density?? Will it fall after sometime??
I am afraid none of the questions you pose can be answered with certainty.
Our lord Tsuji was confident, in one interview, the density would not be a problem.
However, we know from present hair transplants that implanting new hair where some hair already exists can cause some “shock loss”. I think this side effect is very individual.
If it will fall after some time... I believe the hair that gets multiplied and implanted will come from regions of the head where it is not supposed to fall (back and sides). All of this would make you think it will NEVER fall.
Nevertheless, there have been cases in which transplanted hair taken from the back will however fall.
Will it be a problem if falls? No. Because, if it falls from where it is placed, you can multiply and implant additional hair...
I am looking forward to Tsuji, man.
I guess he is our best bet ATM.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
go on the "new treatments" section that is where everyone is discussing the new treatments.

but, there is a lot of hype on there. some people are convinced the cure will be out in 5 years, yet for me i see nothing new for the past 20 years.
i think we will be waiting a long, long time

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
go on the "new treatments" section that is where everyone is discussing the new treatments.

but, there is a lot of hype on there. some people are convinced the cure will be out in 5 years, yet for me i see nothing new for the past 20 years.
i think we will be waiting a long, long time
Were you already born when minoxidil came out?
I think it was the late 80s.
I was a kid but I clearly remember my father and a distant cousin discussing how they hoped minoxidil would be their savior.
After six months, they both dropped it as non-responders :D

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably still at least a decade away. The problem is, we're all getting older anyway. Yes, getting our hair back will fill us with joy, but what will we have to look forward to beyond that? Grey hair and saggy skin.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably still at least a decade away. The problem is, we're all getting older anyway. Yes, getting our hair back will fill us with joy, but what will we have to look forward to beyond that? Grey hair and saggy skin.

Still hair is hair.Appearance can change drastically with hairloss and confidence

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
“If they had told me it was going to be fifteen years, would it have been easier to endure?”

- Oh Dae-su

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty likely we will witness a cure before the year 2100. I'm not basing this on anything, just a gut feeling...and 2100 is a pretty conservative estimate.

I think one day, kids who start to notice thinning hair will just go get an injection in their scalp or something and be good. Maybe they'll have to get another injection every few years, or something like that, but it will effectively be a cure.

I don't know, guess I'm just talking out of my ***. But remember, finasteride is a relatively recent development, so new things can always come out.

That being said, don't hold your breath, thinking you don't need to take finasteride because a new cure will come out soon. Take finasteride. We're f*****g lucky we have it...30 years ago we'd just be screwed.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you already born when minoxidil came out?
I think it was the late 80s.
I was a kid but I clearly remember my father and a distant cousin discussing how they hoped minoxidil would be their savior.
After six months, they both dropped it as non-responders :D
I tried minoxidil back in 1990 needed a script for it back than at 2 percent it swelled up my ankles great stuff

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's pretty likely we will witness a cure before the year 2100. I'm not basing this on anything, just a gut feeling...and 2100 is a pretty conservative estimate.

I think one day, kids who start to notice thinning hair will just go get an injection in their scalp or something and be good. Maybe they'll have to get another injection every few years, or something like that, but it will effectively be a cure.

I don't know, guess I'm just talking out of my ***. But remember, finasteride is a relatively recent development, so new things can always come out.

That being said, don't hold your breath, thinking you don't need to take finasteride because a new cure will come out soon. Take finasteride. We're f*****g lucky we have it...30 years ago we'd just be screwed.
But but...
By 2100 we will spend more time in virtual reality than in the real reality... who will care for physical hair?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But but...
By 2100 we will spend more time in virtual reality than in the real reality... who will care for physical hair?

In 2100 you, me and everyone else will be in hell. Because heaven doesn’t accept bald people, come back later, the gates are temporarily closed.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you making fun of me for making a totally baseless prediction? I guess I deserve it, lol.
No, I am actually serious
I do believe virtual realty will be a thing before we really understand genetic manipulation

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I am actually serious
I do believe virtual realty will be a thing before we really understand genetic manipulation

Yeah, you are probably right that VR is going to be a big thing this century. Nice thought, we won't have to worry about how we really look because our virtual avatars will be more important, lol.