Will Using Clip-in Extensions 2/3 Times Per Week Make My Hair Fall Out More?

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay ive been considering extensions to give volume to my hair, I don't have much scalp exposure I'm in the first part of the Ludwig scale so I might use some toppik to conceal some of the showing scalp. but about the extensions, ive heard they can cause traction alopecia if worn for too long and I just want to use them 2-3 times weekly for maybe 4-6 hours and some weeks I wont be using them at all. did anyone experience with extensions and did it make existing hair better or worse? I'm already on minoxidil 5% twice daily and it's giving me improvement but I know ill never restore 100% of my hair and I'm desperate to look good again

Amanda Brussels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clipping or tying hair can make some of the strands of our hair fall out. Clip in extensions can also make your some of your hair fall out. Try not to use it often or much better not use it at all until such time that your hair has recovered.

Leslie5555

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. from everything I have read the less you do to your hair the better. but I'm so far balding on top that I had to go get my first hairpiece. I cried. I plan on only wearing it occasionally. Even pressing the clip in and out of my hair I could tell that like I had to push down on my scalp and it's probably going to cause some damage over time. the last thing I need. I would suggest holding off as long as you can