Will Tsuji Have T Figured Out By 2020 Poll

Do you guys think Tsuji will have it figured out and in market by 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you're setting yourself up for a let down man. There's a chance he has it by 2020, and a chance he doesn't. They know, and as it gets closer we'll get a better idea as well... I know from what I've read you're stressing about having much left in a couple years. Honestly your most reasonable hope is this... if sheisido's treatment can turn vellus hairs terminal most should be fine. With follica coming out their trials have shown 100 hair count Increases using minoxidil, and their results were 25 terminal 75 vellus I believe. Maybe I'm the next year or so they find and get a better molecule approved turning that number closer to 50 terminal. That heing said if sheisido's treatment dan turn the remaining vellus hairs terminal and the process can he repeated many of us won't need Tsuji. All things considered Tsuji really isn't reasonable for many outside of Japan because of cost and travel requirements.

H

Reaction score
What do you guys think?
I promise you...nobody knows. We go back and forth all the time on this site but it's all theoretical none of us actually know whether it be the over optimists or the recruiting self concious pessimests. If any of us knew enough about hair loss that could actually say the how when where and what's of a cure for hair loss I doubt we would be here. We're just all a big happy family stuck in traffic on our way to vacation.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I promise you...nobody knows. We go back and forth all the time on this site but it's all theoretical none of us actually know whether it be the over optimists or the recruiting self concious pessimests. If any of us knew enough about hair loss that could actually say the how when where and what's of a cure for hair loss I doubt we would be here. We're just all a big happy family stuck in traffic on our way to vacation.
That's a good way to look at it, I want to be optimistic because we're so far ahead and the cloning of other organs are also pretty close, but then I see the forums of guys from 2004 saying "don't worry in 4-5 years they'll be able to clone hair follicles" and that completely shuts me down.

H

Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it, I want to be optimistic because we're so far ahead and the cloning of other organs are also pretty close, but then I see the forums of guys from 2004 saying "don't worry in 4-5 years they'll be able to clone hair follicles" and that completely shuts me down.
That was 13 years ago. I remember thinking when most of the stuff we talk about today didn't really even interest me because I and most people thought it impossible. I remember thinking I wouldn't ever own a f*****g blackberry too high tech and now look around. Remember dial up? I certainly do, had to get on Runescape when I was a teen. I can still recite the sound of it connecting I do it when I'm gargling mouthwash or getting ready to sing. I don't know exactly when it's going to come out it could be 20 years I spose but that whole "it's always 5 years after the last 5 years" "it was like that back then too and nothing came out" seems to me like it will always work until it doesn't work. You can say those until the very day that a successful intervention came out. If you want Tsujis I would guess it's going to be a little expensive so try and budget and save if that's what you want and you want it bad you can find ways to make the money and get to where you need to you got 3 years to come up with a plan.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Bro I've been lurking this site since 2005, and I remember all the excitement, and honestly it's irrelevant. Science and tech advance so fast that you can't compare advancements from a decade ago to what could happen in the next few years. What Tsuji is attempting is extremely complex so nobody can give you anything more than a biased assumption. Even I am sick of people who have been on here years pretending as if what they went through ten years ago is remotely comparable to today tho. Something better than what's available now is coming just don't stress.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I've been lurking this site since 2005, and I remember all the excitement, and honestly it's irrelevant. Science and tech advance so fast that you can't compare advancements from a decade ago to what could happen in the next few years. What Tsuji is attempting is extremely complex so nobody can give you anything more than a biased assumption. Even I am sick of people who have been on here years pretending as if what they went through ten years ago is remotely comparable to today tho. Something better than what's available now is coming just don't stress.
When does Tsuji plan on starting human trails, I've seen people say 2018 and others saying 2020. And I agree with everything you said too.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
When does Tsuji plan on starting human trails, I've seen people say 2018 and others saying 2020. And I agree with everything you said too.

They stated that they had hoped to have it available by 2020, and I haven't read/heard anything that has stated they can't hit that deadline. History shows that trials could easily be delayed, but as of now it appears they're still on track to perform trials before 2020. It's like I said tho man there's a good chance it may be difficult to get the treatment for a few years, that's why for there're and now I think follica, and sheisido are trains to be on. I get it tho, the peace of mind knowing that even if it does take a few years to be available to the masses at least you know you can get your hair back.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
They stated that they had hoped to have it available by 2020, and I haven't read/heard anything that has stated they can't hit that deadline. History shows that trials could easily be delayed, but as of now it appears they're still on track to perform trials before 2020. It's like I said tho man there's a good chance it may be difficult to get the treatment for a few years, that's why for there're and now I think follica, and sheisido are trains to be on. I get it tho, the peace of mind knowing that even if it does take a few years to be available to the masses at least you know you can get your hair back.
Yea sorry man I'm sure people on this forum think am an annoying little f****r but I'm 19 Norwood 3 and I had so much confidence before this and now I'm afraid to go anywhere where there's people, at times I'm afraid to go to work because I look so bad. Thank you for responding to my questions! Also the reason I said that is because a reputable YouTube account under the name "hairliciously" recently posted a video and in that video it talks about Tsuji and he stated that Riken and Tsuji were hoping for human trails to start by 2020.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea sorry man I'm sure people on this forum think am an annoying little f****r but I'm 19 Norwood 3 and I had so much confidence before this and now I'm afraid to go anywhere where there's people, at times I'm afraid to go to work because I look so bad. Thank you for responding to my questions! Also the reason I said that is because a reputable YouTube account under the name "hairliciously" recently posted a video and in that video it talks about Tsuji and he stated that Riken and Tsuji were hoping for human trails to start by 2020.

no problem bro! Honestly I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people more informed than a few of the active contributors in here. Again everyone pretending to know when Tsuji does anything is guessing. You get two people guessing hopeful optimists, or let down vets that want to tell you that since they were let down you will be too.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're setting yourself up for a let down man. There's a chance he has it by 2020, and a chance he doesn't. They know, and as it gets closer we'll get a better idea as well... I know from what I've read you're stressing about having much left in a couple years. Honestly your most reasonable hope is this... if sheisido's treatment can turn vellus hairs terminal most should be fine. With follica coming out their trials have shown 100 hair count Increases using minoxidil, and their results were 25 terminal 75 vellus I believe. Maybe I'm the next year or so they find and get a better molecule approved turning that number closer to 50 terminal. That heing said if sheisido's treatment dan turn the remaining vellus hairs terminal and the process can he repeated many of us won't need Tsuji. All things considered Tsuji really isn't reasonable for many outside of Japan because of cost and travel requirements.

I think you're setting yourself up for a let down man. There's a chance Follica has it by 2018, and a chance they don't :)