Will This Regimen Do Anything?

mrcurns

Reaction score
*Will This Regiment Do Anything?

Basically, I'm 23, thinning on the temples, I can still style it and hide it, but there will inevitably be a day when I can not.

I spoke to my local trichologist, who recommended Hairmax Lasercomb treatment and Advecia pills. He says the Hairmax Lasercomb he uses in his salon is more effective than the one's bought online, as the ones designed for home use have less laser calibration or something. Anyway, he seemed very adamant that the one's bought for home use were not as strong as the ones in salons. He also said Advecia has had good results and it blocks DHT.

Before speaking to him, I'd read up about both the lasercomb and herbal pills like Advecia on the web, and both have received pretty negative reviews. However, it's difficult trying to make this argument when you're speaking to a trichologist.

Say if I went on a regiment of:

Lasercomb treatment (Supposedly grows hair)
Advecia Pills (Supposedly blocks DHT)
2% Nizoral (Anti-Androgen/healthier scalp)

Do you believe I will get any results? I don't want to take finasteride because of the sides. However, I'm open to pretty much anything else. I would like to maybe give this regiment a go for maybe 6 months and see if i notice any improvements. If not, I'll add Rogaine and probably ditch the lasercomb treatment.

Also, are there any other products/treatment I should add to this regimen to help it?

Sorry for sounding particularly newb-ish. Thanks.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically, I'm 23, thinning on the temples, I can still style it and hide it, but there will inevitably be a day when I can not.

I spoke to my local trichologist, who recommended Hairmax Lasercomb treatment and Advecia pills. He says the Hairmax Lasercomb he uses in his salon is more effective than the one's bought online, as the ones designed for home use have less laser calibration or something. Anyway, he seemed very adamant that the one's bought for home use were not as strong as the ones in salons. He also said Advecia has had good results and it blocks DHT.

Before speaking to him, I'd read up about both the lasercomb and herbal pills like Advecia on the web, and both have received pretty negative reviews. However, it's difficult trying to make this argument when you're speaking to a trichologist.

Say if I went on a regimen of:

Lasercomb treatment (Supposedly grows hair)
Advecia Pills (Supposedly blocks DHT)
2% Nizoral (Anti-Androgen/healthier scalp)

Do you believe I will get any results? I don't want to take finasteride because of the sides. However, I'm open to pretty much anything else. I would like to maybe give this regimen a go for maybe 6 months and see if i notice any improvements. If not, I'll add Rogaine and probably ditch the lasercomb treatment.

Also, are there any other products/treatment I should add to this regimen to help it?

Sorry for sounding particularly newb-ish. Thanks.
Nope.

Nizoral 2% is the best thing you got going on there. Propecia and Rogaine are the only two FDA approved treatments for male pattern baldness.

mrcurns

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply. Yeah, like others i'm not sure on Propecia due to the side effects. I mean whats the point of wooing a girl with a full lock of hair if when you get back to the bedroom, you...well, you just fail. With Rogaine, I'm not so against...however, the shedding and the fact that it's FOR LIFE isn't the greatest sell for me.

I'm going to try the lasercomb/pills and see if anything happens...if not, i'll come back with my tail between my legs.

As anyone got any suggestions on what would help my regiment? Maybe Tropo Spyro S5 Cream?

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Try saw palmetto, its a mild dht inhibitor that might/might not give you sides cause it does the same thing as propecia so you can use it as a starting point.
I personally am going to try using trx2 pretty soon, over at baldtruth it seems to be one of the few new products with some good positive feedback coming in

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blocking DHT is blocking DHT, if you're sensitive to it, doesn't matter if it's "natural", you'll still feel the effects of blocking said molecule. It's, natural route, a load of crap if you ask me. (I'm referring to these "natural pills" that are being touted as "side effect free", not you personally so don't take offence!)

;)

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
^that and so called meds are also natural-they are chemical compounds just as those in SP or in food; its just that meds have them in isolated pure form

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes thats true, thought saw palmetto has nowhere near the potency of propecia so all im saying is the saw gives you sides, you will likely have them on finasteride so just as a trial

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
As much as you wish you can halt your hairloss without finasteride (just like every one of us) it is unlikely. Don't hold your breath with your regimen.