Will this natural regimen grow my temples back?

musky

Reaction score
I'm 19 years old and currently NW1.5-2 and would to regrow my temple areas and stop my hairline receding.
I have used minoxidil previously with some results sprouting vellus hairs but had to stop for several reasons.
I have never taken finasteride or dutasteride but would be prepared to take it in the future.
This will be my regimen:
Pumpkin Seed Oil - 1000mg oral ED
Castor Oil + DMSO - Topical ED
Castor Oil 2ml - Oral ED
Wounding - Once per week (w/ Saline + Betadine)

Is it worth it? Will I be able to go from ~NW2 back to ~NW0 with this regimen?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Look around you next time you go out, look at not only the amount of bald guys, but the amount of guys lacking temple hair. Many of those guys lost hair much later in life than you and much slower, over a period of many years. Now ask yourself, "would all these men still be lacking their temple hair if they followed my custom made regimen of natural goodies which definitely has never been thought up before?" If the answer is No, then continue with your amazingly well designed, entirely natural regimen that clearly could not only halt hair loss, but regrow it, eliminating the entire hair transplant industry and the finasteride/Min market overnight. If the answer is Yes, then stop being naive and educate yourself on the treatments that may actually halt your hair loss and potentially get the regrowth you desperately want.

P.S judging by the fact you're natural regimen contains castor oil and wounding I am going to go out on a limb and guess you're at least mildly familiar with SwissTemples' PG protocol? Or perhaps you just saw it around on other people's regimens and decided to plonk it on yours. In any case, I suggest you read his entire website in detail if this is the route you intend to try going down.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 19 years old and currently NW1.5-2 and would to regrow my temple areas and stop my hairline receding.
I have used minoxidil previously with some results sprouting vellus hairs but had to stop for several reasons.
I have never taken finasteride or dutasteride but would be prepared to take it in the future.
This will be my regimen:
Pumpkin Seed Oil - 1000mg oral ED
Castor Oil + DMSO - Topical ED
Castor Oil 2ml - Oral ED
Wounding - Once per week (w/ Saline + Betadine)

Is it worth it? Will I be able to go from ~NW2 back to ~NW0 with this regimen?

it won't do anything. Get on finasteride and save yourself huge regret in a few years after you realize nothing else works and you pray to get even half as much hair as you had when you started that natural garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, even on dutasteride and min you have like a 5% chance to get temple growth and 0.1% to go from nw2 to 0. That's why transplants exist.

musky

Reaction score
Look around you next time you go out, look at not only the amount of bald guys, but the amount of guys lacking temple hair. Many of those guys lost hair much later in life than you and much slower, over a period of many years. Now ask yourself, "would all these men still be lacking their temple hair if they followed my custom made regimen of natural goodies which definitely has never been thought up before?" If the answer is No, then continue with your amazingly well designed, entirely natural regimen that clearly could not only halt hair loss, but regrow it, eliminating the entire hair transplant industry and the finasteride/Min market overnight. If the answer is Yes, then stop being naive and educate yourself on the treatments that may actually halt your hair loss and potentially get the regrowth you desperately want.

P.S judging by the fact you're natural regimen contains castor oil and wounding I am going to go out on a limb and guess you're at least mildly familiar with SwissTemples' PG protocol? Or perhaps you just saw it around on other people's regimens and decided to plonk it on yours. In any case, I suggest you read his entire website in detail if this is the route you intend to try going down.

I am familiar with Swiss temples, the only thing missing of 'high importance' from his ghetto protocol is LiCL, which I'm unsure about and from his askfm is only necessary for areas which have been bald for a long time. The pumpkin seed oil is just temporary until I get dutasteride, the main point thing I'm wondering is if the ghetto protocol actually works. I haven't heard or seen any updates from the PG protocol and I wouldn't be able to get any of those compounds.

I'm completely new to this and I see a lot of people saying conflicting things, I was just wondering if there is really any point in trying this? Have many other people had success from the ghetto protocal?

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
I am familiar with Swiss temples, the only thing missing of 'high importance' from his ghetto protocol is LiCL, which I'm unsure about and from his askfm is only necessary for areas which have been bald for a long time. The pumpkin seed oil is just temporary until I get dutasteride, the main point thing I'm wondering is if the ghetto protocol actually works. I haven't heard or seen any updates from the PG protocol and I wouldn't be able to get any of those compounds.

I'm completely new to this and I see a lot of people saying conflicting things, I was just wondering if there is really any point in trying this? Have many other people had success from the ghetto protocal?

Natural treatments don't work, completely useless. I'm on pg protocol, but not ghetto one, and can confirm it works. But it costs more money. Give finasteride/dutasteride a try first, if you get unbearable sides, then look into pg protocol(seti).

tangled

Reaction score

It's probably true your not gonna get the temples back, but going on finasteride or being upset you lose your hair is total bs.

Some ppl recede and never lose any more, others are bald by 21 after they recede.

I commend you to try smaller dht blockers at first, I wish we knew what we know now 30 years ago when I started finasteride, I would have tried a few lesser dht blockers first.
Think of it like this:

Think of standard finasteride as 100% dht capacity - 1 mg daily - watch for prostate pain.

Saw palmetto is 35% capacity - 320 mg extract twice a day - watch for fogginess/dizzyness. Taking More will not help.
Pumpkin seeds - oil is most likely less that saw palmetto but the seeds themselves 1/4 cup daily is a great addition to either above, dht blocker, awesome zinc, increase sex drive, performance, seeds, not oil.

I've done all the above, so this is not guess work, it's been my experience.

The greater the risk, the greater the rewards, keep an eye on your head and move more aggressively knowing the risk, if you really need the reward.

But do not do finasteride "just in case", cause it's real risk, and make sure your sure before you go on it.

Even better shampoos (I use revita) can all help a little.

Work your way up, not down. Advice I wish someone gave me 30 years ago.

For me Temples receded bad till I was 21, I'm 48 now and still Norwood 3, been a Norwood 2 several times over past 15 years.

Good luck.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Musky,

These natural regimens are unproven and backed by dubious research. A lot of these studies involving pumpkin seed oil, rosemary oil, cistanche, etc are single document studies made by third tier researchers, and are never replicated by anybody. It may be that these work, but the research is poor and you're guessing.

The only stuff available legally that is convincingly proven to work is: dutasteride, finasteride, minoxidil. Some argue for ketoconazole shampoo and revivogen, but they are not convincingly demostrated.

You may worry about the side effects from these legal drugs. Keep in mind that all drugs have side effects, and that we know the side effect profiles of these drugs because they are rigorously studied and tried by millions of people. If those natural compounds work, they too will have side effects, in all honestly very likely the same side effects as finasteride.

My own best guess is that a lot of these compounds like pumpkin seed and saw palmetto are just a very weak finasteride.

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
Well, it's a ghetto protocol after all. Swisstemples simply read many studies over the years and made his personal conclusions.
He was focused and disciplined enough to go through with it for 4 months until he saw results. Plus he isn't selling anything. Castor Oil, LiCL, DMSO, Dermarolling, Stemoxydine are all dirt cheap.

So, I've been doing all his "high" priority stuff for almost a month now. Just the ghetto protocol, no sunburns or prescription stuff. I'm almost NW3 but have some hair (mostly velus) in the NW3 to NW2 area.
Saw first results after only about 10 days. A few hairs even turned terminal immediately. But mostly velus hair started to grow longer and got some color. And now I'm seeing lots of new velus hair, it's far from dark terminal hair away. However it is darker and thicker than the velus hair I previously had for many years. Yesterday I noticed tiny velus hair in the previously totally bald spots. It's still too early to say and might just be previously "invisible" hair turning dark because of the castor oil.

I've made pictures in the beginning and will post results as soon as you can clearly see results. Might take a while, the velus stuff is growing muuuuch slower than regular hair.
For now I advise you to simply try it for yourself. It's cheap, relatively easy and you don't have anything to lose. Don't expect any results for at least 3-4 months, each person is different. I already had lots of regrowth with 0.625mg finasteride after 1.5 months, others can't even keep their hair with it on a high dosage.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As a person who has been trying the natural route for many years yet still losing, I can confirm that natural treatments are bullcrap.

finasteride. Min. Possibly RU as a topical. Anything else is just asking for heartbreak when your hair continues to fall.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
As a person who has been trying the natural route for many years yet still losing, I can confirm that natural treatments are bullcrap.

finasteride. Min. Possibly RU as a topical. Anything else is just asking for heartbreak when your hair continues to fall.

But you are on saw palmetto, dermaroller and spironolactone cream? trolololol