Will these small black hairs turn terminal?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't posted here since 2019, but I've been on Finasteride since then and just started in Dutasteride. It's been 2 months since taking dutasteride and I've started to notice small black hairs that I have never had in my temple areas before. Will these eventually grow into regular thick terminal hairs? 2 months ago that area in the corner didn't have any hair at all.
20211117_224835.jpg

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe, but you have to really feed them. I would get on oral minoxidil, it'll give you the best chance at growing them out longer.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe, but you have to really feed them. I would get on oral minoxidil, it'll give you the best chance at growing them out longer.
I'm already on Minoxidil. As well as 1.5mm derma roller. No reason to take oral Min when I'm already on topical Min?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm already on Minoxidil. As well as 1.5mm derma roller. No reason to take oral Min when I'm already on topical Min?
I mean, you can keep going on your current regimen and see if it continues to grow them. But I see a lot of people on the forums who get vellus and can't hang onto it unless they upgrade their treatment. Besides, minoxidil is a growth stimulant, and oral is more effective than topical. Of course, if you are worried about its side effects then don't do it. I just see too many guys get vellus and lose them because they never upgraded their treatment. Check out Grim, the minoxidil wolf man on here, he went on dutasteride + oral minoxidil and regrew his hairline from vellus like this.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, you can keep going on your current regimen and see if it continues to grow them. But I see a lot of people on the forums who get vellus and can't hang onto it unless they upgrade their treatment. Besides, minoxidil is a growth stimulant, and oral is more effective than topical. Of course, if you are worried about its side effects then don't do it. I just see too many guys get vellus and lose them because they never upgraded their treatment. Check out Grim, the minoxidil wolf man on here, he went on dutasteride + oral minoxidil and regrew his hairline from vellus like this.
Where can I get oral minoxidil from?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In general, dutasteride and other antiandrogens are meant to just stop the hair loss. Minoxidil helps most with regrowth, it makes hairs thicker and longer.

Some people on here actually drink a few drops of topical. You can also get pills from grey market pharmacies, like I do, on AllDayChemist or InHousePharmacy.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In general, dutasteride and other antiandrogens are meant to just stop the hair loss. Minoxidil helps most with regrowth, it makes hairs thicker and longer.

Some people on here actually drink a few drops of topical. You can also get pills from grey market pharmacies, like I do, on AllDayChemist or InHousePharmacy.
Ive been on Minoxidil for 3+ years and it only maintained my hairline. Same for Finasteride. The only regrowth I've seen is from Dutasteride and it's only been 2 months. And I never trust those websites at all.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Would you recommend 2.5mg or 5mg?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on Minoxidil for 3+ years and it only maintained my hairline. Same for Finasteride. The only regrowth I've seen is from Dutasteride and it's only been 2 months. And I never trust those websites at all.
I understand, but I am speaking more so of the mechanism of which they operate on hair loss. The reason you have regrowth is likely the combination.

See, hair loss is like a bucket of water with a hole in it. Finasteride is like a small cork to put in the hole. Dutasteride, in your case, is like an even bigger cork. Minoxidil is like putting a bottle of water in the bucket. Oral minoxidil is like putting a gallon of water in the bucket.

Grim and I both have gotten results from oral minoxidil on AllDayChemist. Or you can just drink topical. That's what I would do if I were you. Maybe stay on your topical regimen and just add 2.5mg a day orally.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand, but I am speaking more so of the mechanism of which they operate on hair loss. The reason you have regrowth is likely the combination.

See, hair loss is like a bucket of water with a hole in it. Finasteride is like a small cork to put in the hole. Dutasteride, in your case, is like an even bigger cork. Minoxidil is like putting a bottle of water in the bucket. Oral minoxidil is like putting a gallon of water in the bucket.

Grim and I both have gotten results from oral minoxidil on AllDayChemist. Or you can just drink topical. That's what I would do if I were you. Maybe stay on your topical regimen and just add 2.5mg a day orally.
Wait, I can't check out with my debit or credit card on Inhousepharmacy? How do you pay? I don't want to mail a check

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait is it safe to drink minoxidil? How many drops do I have to ingest?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You send them the account/routing numbers. I know, sounds sketchy, but it caused me zero problems. Keep in mind this is coming from India too and will take several weeks to receive.
I'm starting to think ingesting the liquid version is gonna be quicker/cheaper in the long run. How many drops should I ingest?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait is it safe to drink minoxidil? How many drops do I have to ingest?
I haven't done it but a lot of guys on here have, yeah. 0.1mL is 5mg, so obviously just a couple drops, very little really. It's just ethyl alcohol and PG anyways.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't done it but a lot of guys on here have, yeah. 0.1mL is 5mg, so obviously just a couple drops, very little really. It's just ethyl alcohol and PG anyways.
I'll do that! Can I still ingest it as well as use it topically?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep! Since topical is working well for you I would keep with your regimen, just add a couple of drops of it orally into your regimen.
Thanks man! Is there any reason as to why ingesting min works alot better than topical?