Will there ever be a cure for androgenic alopecia?

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BronzeSameChickadee-size_restricted.gif

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think the pharma industry would like to do? Only 1 pill? Or a chronic treatment?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short answer: No
Long answer: No it won't.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia in Spain costs €50/month. A treatment of 30 years per person supposes €18,000. Taking into account that they lose the patent and the risk that in 30 years the competition will find a better solution, in my opinion it is profitable to find a cure and sell it at a high price.

ppma

Reaction score
What do you think the pharma industry would like to do? Only 1 pill? Or a chronic treatment?
Option #2 is of course the way to go in a capitalist world. But still MAA is such a widespread condition that even a one-time solution is profitable in the long term, as more baldies are born. Plus one can sell a one-time treatment/cure for the price of a chronic treatment applied along many years.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no sign of a cure for yellowing teeth or long fingernails. We only have 'treatments' for those problems.

The baldness community is obsessed with a 'cure' because our treatments have all been pathetic jokes so far.

You ask a doctor for help with your balding. He gives you some greasy crap to smear on your head twice a day for the rest of your life, to regrow a little fraction of what you lost. It's ridiculous.

You ask the Doctor if there's anything else. He gives you a pill that doesn't regrow the lost hair and makes your dick limp. It's another ridiculous insult.

We need an actual treatment for this problem. We've never had one. Good transplants cost the price of a new car and they still barely hide the loss. They don't fix it.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no sign of a cure for yellowing teeth or long fingernails. We only have 'treatments' for those problems.

The baldness community is obsessed with a 'cure' because our treatments have all been pathetic jokes so far.

You ask a doctor for help with your balding. He gives you some greasy crap to smear on your head twice a day for the rest of your life, to regrow a little fraction of what you lost. It's ridiculous.

You ask the Doctor if there's anything else. He gives you a pill that doesn't regrow the lost hair and makes your dick limp. It's another ridiculous insult.

We need an actual treatment for this problem. We've never had one. Good transplants cost the price of a new car and they still barely hide the loss. They don't fix it.
Unless it's a virus we haven't cured anything in the last 100 years

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia in Spain costs €50/month. A treatment of 30 years per person supposes €18,000. Taking into account that they lose the patent and the risk that in 30 years the competition will find a better solution, in my opinion it is profitable to find a cure and sell it at a high price.
You're not taking inflation into account. That €50 monthly box you're talking about, in 10 years it will cost €70, and in 100 years it will cost €150. therefore, a chronic treatment is better because it adapts to the annual inflation. If you sell only one treatment for €20,000, in twenty years that value will be very small. therefore, chronic always better

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no financial pressure against inventing a better treatment. That's a baldness forum myth.

More bald guys are born every day. The supply doesn't 'run out' if they restore everyone's hair.

Currently very few men spend anything on treatments at all because they basically don't work. A better treatment would be a goldmine even if each user only had to buy it once or occasionally.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think everybody has 50€ per month to pay for a chronic treatment like finasteride. But only a few could pay a only one treatment around 15-20k euros. I think it means financial pressure enough.

pussymagnet23

Established Member
Reaction score

So true mate

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
If cure is dificult, as we know, why don´t develop a good preventive method? IMHO is easy, only we need ask ourselves the reason of the different incidence between sexes. Pharma says NOOOOOO.