Will the lost hair grow back after using amphetamines?

janderson

Reaction score
I started Adderall a few months ago and stopped after realizing that my thinning hair was a result. Does anyone know if the hair that was lost will grow back? I have been off it for about 2 weeks and it still seems to be falling out.

SE-freak

Reaction score
If your loss is not a result of a scarring form of alopecia (e.x. male pattern baldness) then there has been no damage to your follicles and your hair will probably grow back when the underlying cause seizes to exist.

janderson

Reaction score
I am almost positive that it is a direct result of the medication I was taking. Do you know if amphetamines can expedite the beginning stages of male pattern baldness?

random32

Reaction score
amphetamines absolutely KILL hair

but providing you take your vitamins you should grow most of it back

Britannia

Reaction score
Go munch some MSM tablets, that should do the trick.

janderson

Reaction score
I just read on WebMD (http://my.webmd.com/content/article/110/109705) that Amphetamines can not only cause temporary hair loss but can trigger the onset of male pattern baldness. I am going to see a doctor now because I am obsessing over this and my hair will not stop falling out, my scalp also feels irritated. I see a dermatologist about this right? or should I visit my regular doctor?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For hair loss, a priest is your best choice.

janderson

Reaction score
It was from Adderall which is a combination of neutral sulfate salts of: Dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Aspartate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate USP and Amphetamine Sulfate USP. I believe Ephedrine is a little different as is contains not actual amphetamines but amphetamine like compounds?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
which type of amphetamines cause hairloss? ephedrine related products?

Ephedrine also causes hairloss. A quick Google will tell you that.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
amphetamines will absolutely cause your hair to fallout...i went through a period where i was quite a partier...and obviously if youre already balding taking an amphetamine doesnt help...occasionally i take those 25 mg ephedrine pills u can buy at a gas station or a convenience store cuz i work long hours...and the next day i notice immeditaely my hair starts falling out more...so what i do is take tons of biotin and msm to help offset the ephedrine and in a couple days im normal again but ya stay away from that crap if u can