Will the cost of hair systems increase dramatically after that pandemic ends?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I was thinking about what has been said in some other posts on here about how it's hard to find Chinese workers who would be willing to work for the current rates of pay to make hair systems. Does this mean they'll have to be paid more, and if so it would presumably mean that the cost of hair systems will have to increase to reflect these higher rates of pay? Or worse, hair systems might need to start being made in the USA, UK, etc where they will have to pay at least minimum wage (probably higher as it's skilled work), meaning the cost of hair systems will drastically increase.

I don't know, do you think this will happen?

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People here would not be willing to do the work. Wearers would also not front the cost for a 2,000 dollar stock system. So it's safe to say they won't be made here. I think they'll remain at covid prices even when it ends, at least for awhile.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anything they will go back down a bit, it's just going to be a while before that happens.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rising after the pandemic? No, if anything they might go back down again, if and when N. Korea re-opens the borders.

I don't see the labor costs in China going over what they are in the US, UK, or EU. And these are not unskilled workers, either.

But for comparison, the hourly minimum wage in China is $1.52 an hour. But I doubt these workers are getting as low as that.

The minimum wage in N. Korea was $0.25.

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
For RMB chinese dollars in North Korea thats the equivalent of $1.62 an hour for the workers.

Yeah....
My source is wicked old... probably higher now... but not by much.

China... it's about: 14-18.5 CNY $2.17 - $2.86.

North Korea does not publish wage data. From what I was able to glean, from a couple of websites... it's about $5-$11 US a day, so probably $.50 - $1 an hour).

But those are minimum wages.

Last edited:

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My source is wicked old... probably higher now... but not by much.

China... it's about: 14-18.5 CNY $2.17 - $2.86.

North Korea does not publish wage data. From what I was able to glean, from a couple of websites... it's about $5-$11 US a day, so probably $.50 - $1 an hour).

But those are minimum wages.
So why can't these things also be mass produced in China? That would help the industry so much. Why is it an entire industry solely reliant on one small country? (N. Korea)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So why can't these things also be mass produced in China? That would help the industry so much. Why is it an entire industry solely reliant on one small country? (N. Korea)

This has been discussed to DEATH, in other posts. Read them. It's about the $$$.